Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 21 - 30 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Mixing
I finished, but holy crap! Mixing that stuff up was rough. I think I also mixed it a little to thin. I may make a run tomorrow to wally world and get another tube of silicone and give it another...

In GEAR » Alternative Seam Sealer for Silnylon
February 16, 7:20pm

Re: Re: Alternative Seam Sealer for Silnylon
Jason, So you are saying that this product that I have will work as long as I dilute it?

February 16, 3:27pm

Alternative Seam Sealer for Silnylon
Is there something else you can use for sealing seams in silnylon? I am going on a trip next weekend and have not been able to find the Sil Net product that I have used before. I do have a tube o...

February 16, 3:14pm

Just got my new gear
I just got the final piece of my latest shipment of gear. Here's what I got: ULA Conduit Tarptent Contrail #1 Nite Ize S-Biners (5) Rite in the Rain Mini Notebook Fisher Space Pen Round...

In GEAR » Just got my new gear
February 13, 9:15am

Re: things to look for - old down bag
ditto on the storage. A bunch of down that has lost its loft isn't worth much.

In GEAR » things to look for - old down bag
February 13, 9:01am

Re: MLD, SMD & ULA
Nick, I actually just got a ULA Conduit. It really is a nice bag, but it is a little larger than I wanted. I'm sure for "normal" trips it will be my staple, but I wanted a small vo...

In GEAR » SUL Gear Help
February 12, 9:12pm

Good Info...thanks
TE, My question about the pack doesn't come from a source of doubt, but a lack of knowledge about the fabric it is made out of. I don't know a whole lot about fabrics, so that is the reas...

In GEAR » SUL Gear Help
February 12, 3:14pm

SUL Gear Choices
I've been trying to SLOWLY get some very lightweight gear together. My next two buys are going to be a pack and a tarp. Before I do, I wanted to pick the brains of some of the SUL hikers arou...

In GEAR » SUL Gear Help
February 12, 1:04pm

Could this be of some use?
Had someone on another forum point this out to me. Don't think its resistant to abrasion, but it sure is strong. Anyone else ever seen/used this? EDIT: The plasma strand of course (scrol...

In GEAR » Could this be of some use?
January 23, 10:34am

Re: Tent Ideas
depends if it has any guyout loops, and how creative you can get. I have no doubt you could pitch a pup tent without using the poles, but it might be tough to do. If it is a 2 person tent, you co...

In GEAR » Cheap Tent Ideas
January 19, 8:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.