Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dirk Rabdau (dirk9827) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Dirk Rabdau has not added a biography yet.
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dirk Rabdau

Showing 21 - 30 of 657 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...66

Forum » Thread

Alpine Lakes
Sounds like a fun trip! As for the weather, September is generally a pretty nice month here in Washington, although as always rain is a possibility. The earlier in September you go, generally the b...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Cascade's Alpine Lakes in September
July 15, 1:44pm

Re: Help me decide: cuben vs. silnylon for Skyscape upgrade
I have used cuben and silnylon shelters. To me, the question that would be worth asking yourself is: "When and where do I do the majority of my backpacking?" In my opinion, the entire ...

In GEAR » Help me decide: cuben vs. silnylon for Skyscape upgrade
July 15, 2:08am

Re: Serious problem with "Another Fork in the Trail"
A backpacking book that features vegan recipes? Sign me up. I just bought the book. Can't wait to give some of the recipes a go. I am very much looking forward to the work. Dirk

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Serious problem with "Another Fork in the Trail"
July 15, 1:47am

Re: Tarps in high sierra
Sam - I had little trouble setting up my tarp except for one windy area where there was little protection. But honestly, I didn't really need to use my tarp at all, instead just camping in a...

In GEAR » tarps in high sierra
July 09, 2:26am

Re: Suggestions for high calorie, low weight, lower carb meals
Here are a few suggestions, for what it is worth: Quinoa is an excellent choice for a high-protein, low carb food (low on glyscemic index) that packs a lot of punch nutritionally. It can be easi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Suggestions for high calorie, low weight, lower carb meals
July 08, 11:03pm

Re: East Access to JMT
Depending on your timing, one thing (and I am sure others here could comment more on this) is if you want to avoid the great climb, you could call one of the outfitters who serve the area. They pro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » East Access to JMT?
July 08, 10:42pm

Evernew now builds pots for REI
REI licenses the Evernew pots and sells them under the REI label. I have both pots and can say they seem identical. Dirk

In GEAR » Where to Buy Evernew!
July 08, 3:40am

Re; Bearikade and TSA issues
+1 on checking as well. Advice here is sound. I've checked my gear ththe last couple of times - including a month ago when flying into California for Sierra trip. I placed my ULA pack, Beari...

In GEAR » Bearikades and the TSA (carry-on) - issues?
July 07, 7:41pm

Re: Gear List for camping in Mt. Rainier including overnighter at Camp Muir
This is a bit of an open-ended question. When are you going to be camping at Camp Muir? We've had some pretty tough conditions as of late. The spring/summer melt out recently stalled due to ...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for camping in Mt. Rainier including overnighter at Camp Muir
July 02, 2:16am

Re: SEKI....mosquitos and snow"
I just got out of the area - thought the mosquitoes were rather tame compared to a pervious visit...I used only a bug net, no tarp. Weather was perfect.

In Pre-Trip Planning » SEKI....mosquitos and snow
July 02, 1:58am

All Reader Reviews by Dirk Rabdau

Dirk Rabdau has posted no reviews.