Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 21 - 30 of 237 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...24

Forum » Thread

Re: Allen
I have had the notch in a terrible rainstorm and I pitched it a bit lower than normal and was fine. If you do a bit of research on it some people like to attach an additional guy line to each apex...

In Gear Lists » JMT gear list
March 04, 12:08pm

short advice...
Shelter: If you like the idea of a double wall tent but want to utilize your trekking poles check out the tarptent notch or stratospire. I love my notch but dont have any experience with the strat...

In Gear Lists » JMT gear list
March 04, 10:22am

Stuff it
I really like the idea of simply stuffing it into my pack and pointing the struts up, I'm going to try that out. Don't get me wrong I really love this tent and think it has a superior desig...

In GEAR » Notch vs Lunar Duo
February 20, 7:51am

Re: Notch vs Lunar "solo"
Sorry for writing duo, i meant solo. My issue is really the length in that it has a fixed length, i like to squish it sideways when i pack my tarps and i cant do this with the notch.

February 19, 1:50pm

WTB: Lunar Solo
I'm looking for a lunar solo thats in great shape, about to leave on a thru hike. I'm switching over from a tarptent notch so willing to trade as well. color is not an issue, although i w...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lunar Solo
February 19, 10:01am

Notch vs Lunar solo
So heres my issue. I leave in a month for a thru hike on the AT and I'm having a small case of buyers remorse about my Tarptent Notch. I slept in it not too long ago and while I did like the ...

February 19, 9:53am

Re: Air bag for inflation
Found the instaflator, great idea, watched francos video on them. Easy solution, just ordered!

In Make Your Own Gear » air bag for neoair
February 15, 10:04pm

air bag for neoair
I leave in about a month for an AT thruhike, and id like to find a cheap/easy way of making an inflation bag to fill up my sleeping pad. Reason being that after 4 months of blowing the pad up im s...

In Make Your Own Gear » air bag for neoair
February 15, 8:31pm

??
why are you selling this quilt? edit: oh, just recognized your name. was this just tested for outdoor gear lab?

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Blackwelder 0 degree 850-fill ultralight down quilt
February 13, 2:57pm

FS: MLD Trailstar
SOLD.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Trailstar
February 09, 2:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.