Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 21 - 30 of 286 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
Hello all, I'll be setting out the second week in September (already have my first night hotel reservation and wilderness permit) for a backpacking trip in the Sierra. I haven't decided ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Thousand Island, Catherine, Ediza, Minaret loop in September
August 23, 7:09pm

Re: Re: Tent vestibules and tent vestibules
I've never been stuck in a tent for days. Camped for days, sure, but not "stuck" in a tent for days. I think that is when a vestibule (not to mention more interior space) would make...

In GEAR » Tent vestibules and TENT VESTIBULES
August 23, 6:46pm

Re: Copper Spur UL1 279.99
Yeah, I saw that on REI's website last night. Very tempting, even though I've been moving away from BA tents to Hillebergs. For a summer solo tent the weight sure is appealing.

In Gear Deals » Copper Spur UL1 279.99
August 23, 12:24pm

Re: Re: New Sony A7R
Hi Bill, you hit the nail on the head. The A7 (and R and S models) are just too new to the market to be supported by a lot of nice lenses, unless you use adapters like the Metabones, in which case...

In Photography » New Sony A7R
August 23, 12:05pm

Re: Re: Jannu
Howdy Stephen, it sure is hahaha. I'm trying very hard not to convince myself that I "need" a sand colored Unna. I tried the Unna briefly before replacing it with the Soulo. The ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
August 23, 11:55am

Jannu
It's fun to see this thread continuing. My newest addition to my addiction (see what I did there? :-D ) is a Jannu. I actually motorcycle camped last night and took my trusty Tarra, and took ...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Tent thread
August 23, 1:33am

New Sony A7R
Well, I finally traded in my Canon gear for a new Sony A7R. The A7R is a full-frame, mirror-less body with a 36 megapixel sensor (same sensor as in the Nikon D800e I believe). I've already se...

In Photography » New Sony A7R
August 23, 12:15am

thanks
Justin, that's what I was afraid of. Bob, thanks for the great info. I'm trying to plan my photo ops before I even go up there. That will definitely help with what to look for.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow in the Sierra?
August 23, 12:09am

Snow in the Sierra?
Hello all, I have a really stupid question (what with how dry our winter was and how hot our summer was). I'll be heading into the high Sierra the Second week of September and I'm wonderin...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow in the Sierra?
August 22, 11:03pm

Re: Re: Re: re: dogs
Thanks for the head's up Greg. I'm not sure when you're going, but if your trip is before mine, I'd love to hear back if you find a kennel you like.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Ideas for what to do with the pooch in Yosemite
August 17, 1:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.