BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 21 - 30 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Sun Gloves?
Coolibar all the way! I wrote about them here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=40170&skip_to_post=340952#340952

In GEAR » Sun Gloves?
June 25, 5:36pm

Re: "Does anyone NOT Use a Cozy for Freezer Bag Cooking?"
Like Sarah, I think they are worth while in bear country. I wouldn't want to use my jacket or hat for fear it would pick up the smell of food, especially since I'll probably be wearing tha...

In GEAR » Does anyone NOT Use a Cozy for Freeaer Bag Cooking?
June 19, 10:55pm

Steripen users advice
I used the Opti for about 1300 miles of the PCT last summer. It worked flawlessly the entire time, and the batteries lasted a lot longer than I expected (on average, about 2 weeks for me), even wi...

In GEAR » Steripen users advise
May 12, 11:54am

Re: Judge awards $1.9 million to family of boy killed by bear
Apologies to anyone who isn't a law nerd for the following. The Judge in this case found the Forest Service negligent, meaning Forest Service employees breached some duty they owed to the ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Judge awards $1.9 million to family of boy killed by bear
May 12, 9:58am

Re: It wasn't my fault
"Is it just an internet fable, or have folk sued in the US because their coffee was hot and burnt their lips? :)" This is an example of what I think is a meritorious lawsuit, which the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Judge awards $1.9 million to family of boy killed by bear
May 07, 12:27pm

Re: "Judge awards $1.9 million to family of boy killed by bear"
As an attorney, I find cases like this really frustrating. While I generally think that the litigious nature of the US is necessary evil (the alternatives being (1) much higher taxes that everyone...

May 07, 10:24am

Re: Eleven Years Old on the PCT
Awesome! Just awesome. Oh, and I wouldn't mind some more applesauce, either.

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 12, 9:15pm

Re: Skurka
I'll see you there, though probably closer to 6. Looking forward to it!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka speaking at the Colorado Mountain Club in Golden, CO 4/14
April 12, 8:53pm

Re: Contest & Sponsored Giveaway!
Here is my entry. This took place along the PCT in the year 2000: “Ummmmmm, Beaker?” “Yeah?” “We have a problem.” “Huh? . . . Oh $#*!” ***************************** ...

In Gear Deals » Contest & Sponsored Giveaway!
April 03, 1:46pm

Re: Andrew Skurka speaking at the Colorado Mountain Club in Golden, CO 4/14
I think I'm going to try to make it. And, having just moved to Denver, I'd love to meet some BPL people. Please keep me posted on any meet-up before hand.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Andrew Skurka speaking at the Colorado Mountain Club in Golden, CO 4/14
April 01, 7:21am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am