BPL Community Profile

Alan henson (355spider) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DFW
About Me Alan henson has not added a biography yet.
CityDALLAS
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alan henson

Showing 21 - 30 of 32 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Forum » Thread

Might help
I was thinking maybe a solution to the problem would be to add a stiff orthotic insert into a shoe with a normal bottom. Much like framing a backpack. Foot levelers makes a good one.

In GEAR » Does Such a Shoe Exist
May 03, 2:38pm

Thanks
Yeah I may just keep that Kelly then. It's pretty comfy.

In GEAR » What would you carry 35-40 lbs with?
May 03, 2:18pm

What would you carry 35-40 lbs with?
I have a family of 5 so my wife is hiking with the baby in a Kelty carrier and my other kids are 5 and 7 so that leaves me to carry most of the stuff besides their bag and clothes which they carry....

In GEAR » What would you carry 35-40 lbs with?
May 03, 1:15pm

Mg
The most important thing to remember about Mg is that it is involved in 250+ reactions in the body behind Zinc which is 300+. These are two nutrients you don't want to run low on. Low Mg levels...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » post-exercise refueling?
May 03, 1:05pm

sweat
I would have to disagree with your Dr also. I have a doctorate in Nutrition and have treated hi level athletes for many years and I always get a better response with the right portion of electrolyt...

May 03, 10:08am

Re: Re: great
Yeah prostate cancer runs in my family too. It's from excessive conversion of testosterone into estrogen. Staying away from phytoestrogens(environmental or chemical memics of estrogen) in the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
May 02, 5:07pm

Re: Gatorade/Pedialyte/Malto
Good explanation of sugars. It's actually osmolality they measure and not osmolarity. The funny thing is when you call most of these sports drink manufacturers, they don't even have a clue ...

May 02, 4:53pm

great
It's most likely because his hormones have returned to normal. The excessive conversion of testosterone to DHT is usually what does it. This is bad for men because it also gets turned into estr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
May 01, 10:45pm

Salt replacements wouldn't be my first choice.
If you were a chemist you might get it right. No one in the sports drink world has managed to get it right and you're not likely to either. You're best bet is to use water and real sea salt...

May 01, 10:38pm

Go with nature
There really is nothing better than what nature provides. After exercise you have about a 45min window to refuel the muscles. They need glucose and protein. A banana and an egg with salt added is t...

May 01, 8:09am

All Reader Reviews by Alan henson

Alan henson has posted no reviews.