Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1991 - 2000 of 2137 | Page: 1 ...191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ...214

Forum » Thread

Re Re Re fun
Yep just wanted to make sure we were okay James. The silnylon freak flag was a pain to raise (31 grams)so I am replacing it with Cuban:) Back to the pack it does look interesting. The advanta...

In GEAR » BPL Absaroka Pack
January 23, 10:45pm

Re Re fun
James if you thought "freaks" sounded bad please don't take it as an insult. Note that I included myself under that heading as well. I said that because thats what I get called when...

January 23, 9:40pm

Re be here now
I agree Dan, its just a personal choice. My sweet spot is to try and keep my total pack under 25 pounds as much as possible. Beyond that, SUL is just a fun exercise. I suspect I'll carry mor...

January 23, 7:28pm

Re Taking things to the Extreme
I think after a certain point its not so much about comfort as challenge. I don't have time or money to go up to Alaska anytime I want but I can challenge myself in Virginia by carrying a ligh...

January 23, 6:47pm

Re Re BPL Absaroka Pack
Interesting thoughts Miguel. Personally my favorite type of backpacking is to hike down to dusk with my little modified Golite Ion and SUL gear. In that sense I don't regret going light and e...

January 23, 2:25pm

Gasp!
Did I hear this from BPL????? "Your "performance" on the trail will not be affected by the fact that you are carrying 1 or 2 extra pounds on your back!" GASP is BPL going to th...

January 22, 2:53pm

Kids Pack
I'm a big fan of the adjustable kids pack idea. My little brother (11 years old) carries a SUL type load but sometimes he likes the extra comfort of his 3 pound Dana Designs pack more than a 1...

January 22, 10:57am

Marketing
While we're thinking about marketing what if BPL offered a nice discount for first time members buying this pack? Increase membership and sell packs. Through in a slick "How To" DVD...

January 22, 9:25am

Like the flexibility
This looks interesting, I like the modularity idea. It would be great for someone who was gradually lightening up. The pack could haul 40 pounds of gear but if they get lighter the pack is still ...

January 22, 9:21am

Re. Golite has not lost their mind.
John may have a point. When I went to a Golite warehouse sale they had plenty of packs and tents, but I was impressed by the amount of clothing that was for sale. There was also a lot of running ...

In GEAR » Golite has Officially Lost Their Mind
January 18, 7:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.