BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1981 - 1990 of 2097 | Page: 1 ...190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210

Forum » Thread

Good Idea
Good idea Doug although I have a tendancy to squeeze the most possible out of my UL gear. I took the UL60 down into the 30s once although that was pushing things. I'll have to get out sometim...

In GEAR » Question for Quilt Users
December 16, 8:57pm

Thanks Doug
Thanks Doug, I have used a quilt before (BPL UL60) but it was plenty roomy. I was hoping no one would tell me that a down quilt needs lots of extra room or it will compress from the inside etc. S...

December 16, 8:37pm

Golite
I don't think Golite can profitably market a lot of fringe gear succesfully. First most of the people I see in the woods would either trash it or not know how to use it properly. A lot of m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What happened to Golite?
December 16, 8:26pm

Thanks
Thanks for the input guys I think I'll keep it. Worst case scenerio I could probably get someone like Tim Marshall to add an extra baffle to the top or do it myself.

December 16, 12:46pm

Quilt length
I can cinch it up over my shoulders and stretch my legs out. It might compress the down at the bottom at bit so I would bring an extra pair of socks. I tried it with a down ski jacket and there s...

December 16, 12:15pm

Question for Quilt Users
I have a quick question for all you quilt users out there. I have not been able to afford a good down quilt but my awesome family all chipped in to get me a heavily dicounted golite ultra 20. The...

December 16, 11:50am

Seperated from pack
As a just in case policy I usually carry a pocket knife clipped in my waistband, a lighter in my pocket and a small light around my kneck. My thinking is that should be enough to get me home if a ...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
December 11, 9:08pm

Re Re Survey
I love gear reviews and trip reports but I think BPL would be much more boring if all it did was review the latest packs and tell stories about hiking from point A to point B. Its fun to see how p...

In Philosophy & Technique » SURVEY: Ultralight Hunting at Backpacking Light
December 11, 1:41pm

Pace
If you want to make thirty miles a day there better be a general agreement on it. Otherwise its not worth the strain on friendships when someone can't keep up. Also even if you're feelin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 10, 10:54am

Slingshots
A friend was telling me how boys in Afica would us slings to protect their goat herds. If a baboon came around he said they were good enough to decide if they wanted to kill it or just hurt it.

In Philosophy & Technique » Sling Shots
December 09, 11:10am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.