Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1971 - 1980 of 2122 | Page: 1 ...189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ...213

Forum » Thread

Re philosophies
Interesting how questions about humane treatment of animals come back to philosophy. I guess that makes sense because its basically a moral question and to answer that you have to define humanity&...

In GEAR » Goose Down, Humane?
January 28, 2:38pm

Ultra 20
I saw a regular Golite Ultra 20 in the Outdoor Trail Store in Lynchburg VA. It probably their last in stock but you could contact them and see if they'd be willing to ship it. I've pasted...

In Gear Swap » WTB: GoLite Ultra 20
January 27, 8:08pm

User Friendly
Cameron I hadn't paid attention to their dimensions. I wonder if they are trying to make things "idiot proof" so no one descides a quilt is bad because of draft etc. I'm startin...

In GEAR » 2010 GoLite Quilts
January 25, 3:28pm

Golite Quilts/the positive
I think we should just accept that Golite is not going to offer that many truelly UL peices of gear and move on. Personally if I was going to carry a pound and a half of quilt I would go with a syn...

In GEAR » 2010 GoLite Quilts
January 25, 3:22pm

Re re Golite 20 (Short)
According to the website the short Ultra 20 was for people under 5 ft. 6in. I'm more like 5-8 or 5-9 but I got one anyway. Its a bit snug but not so much that I'm worried about compressin...

In Gear Deals » GoLite Ultra 20 [Short]
January 25, 1:06pm

Re Re Re fun
Yep just wanted to make sure we were okay James. The silnylon freak flag was a pain to raise (31 grams)so I am replacing it with Cuban:) Back to the pack it does look interesting. The advanta...

In GEAR » BPL Absaroka Pack
January 23, 10:45pm

Re Re fun
James if you thought "freaks" sounded bad please don't take it as an insult. Note that I included myself under that heading as well. I said that because thats what I get called when...

January 23, 9:40pm

Re be here now
I agree Dan, its just a personal choice. My sweet spot is to try and keep my total pack under 25 pounds as much as possible. Beyond that, SUL is just a fun exercise. I suspect I'll carry mor...

January 23, 7:28pm

Re Taking things to the Extreme
I think after a certain point its not so much about comfort as challenge. I don't have time or money to go up to Alaska anytime I want but I can challenge myself in Virginia by carrying a ligh...

January 23, 6:47pm

Re Re BPL Absaroka Pack
Interesting thoughts Miguel. Personally my favorite type of backpacking is to hike down to dusk with my little modified Golite Ion and SUL gear. In that sense I don't regret going light and e...

January 23, 2:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.