BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1971 - 1980 of 2060 | Page: 1 ...187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206

Forum » Thread

Re. Re. Re. Re. Guns
I like your post Kendall, you reasoned through a lot of stuff in a way that adds to the debate. From a moral point of view if you don't like killing to eat you won't like hunting or fish...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 03, 1:08pm

No Problem
Since Ryan seems to like unsupported long distance hikes I wonder if there's a "hunt/fish as you go" long range trip planned. I wonder how this would work, hunting slows you down a b...

In Editor's Roundtable » Pak-Rifle Review
December 03, 7:46am

Ear plugs
Great review. I wonder if they'll come out with a big game version some day. By the way Ryan it doesn't look like Chase is wearing ear plugs. Technically a .22 can still damage hearing...

In Editor's Roundtable » Pak-Rifle Review
December 01, 9:25pm

Another idea
It may not be as dramatic as the Maroon Bells but I really like the Lost Creek Wilderness. There are several loop hike possibilities that might be put together to keep you busy for 5 to 6 days. I...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5-6 day Colorado hike suggestions?
December 01, 11:04am

Tarp/Pack
Here would be my strategy. See if you can spend $100 or less each for pack and shelter. This is doable if you shop around a bit. That leaves you plenty of money for a really nice bag or quilt and ...

In GEAR » Looking for help breaking the 5lb barrier
November 12, 1:54pm

Cost?
I might be interested. How much do you want for it? How much weight can it comfortable handle?

In Gear Swap » BPL Arctic pack (m) for sale
November 12, 12:56pm

Exploring
Thanks for the info Dondo. I was interested in hearing back from people who've been there in case I go back. Lost Creek is one of my favorite spots. Interesting that I'm not the only one...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Creek Craziness
November 08, 7:21pm

Nikon
I had a Nikon L15 for a while. They should still be out there although I think they might have updated to an L18 or something like that. It uses 2 AA batteries.

In Photography » Camera that uses AAs?
November 05, 7:25am

Cool
Awesome trip report, I like your writing style. I was hoping you guys would do an article or at least post a trip report. Just curious about the food how much was not enough Dave?

In Editor's Roundtable » Le Parcour de Wild Race Report
November 03, 5:09pm

Z-55
Franco good point on the volume question. Tim I'm not sure you really need an expensive pack if you're going to be doing short days. Why not look at a cheaper pack like a Kelty or Jans...

In GEAR » Pack for Heavy loads
November 02, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.