BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1971 - 1980 of 2074 | Page: 1 ...189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208

Forum » Thread

Frameless Packs
I'm going to respectfully disagree just a bit with Dean on the Golite Jam. If you're going to spend $150 or so for a pack that weighs almost 2 pounds you could just as easily get a pack wi...

In GEAR » Frameless pack question?
December 05, 9:01pm

Packing
I pretty much pack lightest on bottom and work up from there. Usually I try to put my heaviest items (usually water bottles)right up against my back. One time I was getting sore with a very light...

In GEAR » Frameless Pack Questions
December 05, 2:24pm

My Favorite
Trip reports are one of my favorite parts of BPL. You inspire me I've got a couple reports I could probably through up. Glad you guys had a good time.

In Post-Trip Reports » My wife's first overnight
December 04, 9:35pm

Texas Squirrels
Yeah Dan you need to go to Texas where the squirrels are really big. I always thought of the PAK rifle as a supplement. If you get a rabbit or grouse every days or so thats a lot of extra food ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 04, 7:36pm

Relationships?
I think Dean raises a good point with his post that gun ownership/rights etc. and crime rates aren't necessarily related. I'm skeptical of any comparisons whether I agree with them or not b...

December 04, 11:46am

Re. Re. Re. Guns
Lynn are you sure thats not someones idea of a joke? If this actually happened do you think this would fit the definition of "Cruel and Unusual Punishment."

December 03, 6:58pm

Video
Great video. I swear I remember that same elk spine and pelvic from back in 08 when we went in the spring.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5-6 day Colorado hike suggestions?
December 03, 6:50pm

Re. Re. Training
This didn't really fit so I took it down.

December 03, 6:35pm

Re. Re. Re. Hunting
Don't take this wrong if I'm mistaken. I just want to clear something up. There seems to be an idea overseas that in America you can carry a gun whenever and whereever you want. Just to s...

December 03, 6:15pm

Re.Re. Lost Creek
Dean I used a National Geographic map from REI. I am sure the Flat Tops and Weminuche are great but Lost Creek does have the advantage of being lower elevation so aclimitazion might be easier. You...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5-6 day Colorado hike suggestions?
December 03, 4:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.