BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1971 - 1980 of 2083 | Page: 1 ...189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209

Forum » Thread

Quilt length
I can cinch it up over my shoulders and stretch my legs out. It might compress the down at the bottom at bit so I would bring an extra pair of socks. I tried it with a down ski jacket and there s...

In GEAR » Question for Quilt Users
December 16, 12:15pm

Question for Quilt Users
I have a quick question for all you quilt users out there. I have not been able to afford a good down quilt but my awesome family all chipped in to get me a heavily dicounted golite ultra 20. The...

In GEAR » Question for Quilt Users
December 16, 11:50am

Seperated from pack
As a just in case policy I usually carry a pocket knife clipped in my waistband, a lighter in my pocket and a small light around my kneck. My thinking is that should be enough to get me home if a ...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
December 11, 9:08pm

Re Re Survey
I love gear reviews and trip reports but I think BPL would be much more boring if all it did was review the latest packs and tell stories about hiking from point A to point B. Its fun to see how p...

In Philosophy & Technique » SURVEY: Ultralight Hunting at Backpacking Light
December 11, 1:41pm

Pace
If you want to make thirty miles a day there better be a general agreement on it. Otherwise its not worth the strain on friendships when someone can't keep up. Also even if you're feelin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 10, 10:54am

Slingshots
A friend was telling me how boys in Afica would us slings to protect their goat herds. If a baboon came around he said they were good enough to decide if they wanted to kill it or just hurt it.

In Philosophy & Technique » Sling Shots
December 09, 11:10am

UL60
I took a BPL UL60 Quilt down to around 38-40 degrees one time in normal hiking clothes. I was borderline hypothermic the next moring. However just for perspective this was in Febuary so it was a ...

In GEAR » 40*F: UL60 quilt + bivy OR down pants/jacket + bivy
December 08, 6:20pm

Mummy Range
Sorry I can't say much about that area either, you might try calling the Park Rangers, it might depend on who answeres the phone that day. Try Google Earth for a general idea what the area loo...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5-6 day Colorado hike suggestions?
December 08, 12:28pm

Modifying a BPL UL Quilt
While we're on the subject my brother expressed an interest in using a BPL UL 60 quilt over a Marmot 0 degree bag for really bad weather camping, problem is its a bit tight$. Our idea was to o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modifying a BPL UL Quilt
December 07, 11:59am

Frameless Packs
I'm going to respectfully disagree just a bit with Dean on the Golite Jam. If you're going to spend $150 or so for a pack that weighs almost 2 pounds you could just as easily get a pack wi...

In GEAR » Frameless pack question?
December 05, 9:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.