Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1951 - 1960 of 2241 | Page: 1 ...187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ...225

Forum » Thread

Mtn Lion Tracks
If I recall you're right Mountain Lions occassionally leave claw marks. I'm looking more at the shape of this track, the toe pads and the alignment of the toes and thinking thats a really...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Foothills Trail in 4 days!
December 28, 10:28am

Very Cool
Nice Trip report Daniel. The foothills trail has been on my to-do list for a while. My friends took a group of boys down that trail and loved it. How big was that track you took a picture of? ...

In Post-Trip Reports » The Foothills Trail in 4 days!
December 27, 1:45pm

Route advice
John I hope your trip goes well. I just thought of a couple more things. 1. I really like the Nat. Geo. maps because they show the springs. They run most of the time (I've never seen them d...

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL with My Kid Brother
December 14, 1:03pm

Thoughts
I have tried a Nano and a Golite Virga (another lightweight rain jacket). Personally I wouldn't want to wear either one in an all day rainstorm. For that kind of situation I would look at hea...

In GEAR » Isotope Nano/ Questions
December 13, 5:25pm

Re JMT with my 13 year old
I would agree with the idea of starting small and working your way up. I did that with my little brother and now he can't get enough of backpacking. I would have two main concerns that I wo...

In Philosophy & Technique » JMT with my 13 year old
December 13, 8:33am

Re Fabric
Well I hope we keep coexisting:) I see hunting gear as somewhat different because the goals are somewhat different (finding an animal not traveling for its own sake). I doubt hunters would want...

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 11, 10:18pm

Anwers to all those questions - Sorry I'm late
Thanks for all the compliments ya’ll. Some of you were asking specific questions about the area we visited etc. so I’ll try and answer those. John Donewar – On where to go, if you look at...

December 11, 7:16pm

Possible Uses
Most of us won't need to haul 100 pounds unless we hunt but a pack thats sub 3 lbs for 60 or 70 pounds would be great. I can think of a few cases where this would be really nice. 1. Wildern...

In GEAR » New Kifaru Pack - less then 3lbs, 5200 ci, will carry 100+ lbs!
December 10, 10:23pm

MYOG
Sounds like you have some options with ready made packs. Just a few thoughts. 1. I have used frameless packs almost exclusively the last couple of years, In my opinion their are some inheren...

In GEAR » frameless pack for 14 inch torso
December 09, 11:08pm

Thanks and Ponies
Thanks ya'll. Kathy if you ever want to do some hiking in this area shoot me an email. I've been through it about six times so I can point you toward the best views and ponies.

December 07, 7:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.