BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1931 - 1940 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ...211

Forum » Thread

Wouldn't worry
My understanding is this law simply allows people who are already licensed to carry in that state to do so in the National Park as well. I won't say whether its good or bad but I don't see...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Guns in national parks... NOW LEGAL!
February 24, 9:44pm

Re Re Re holding
Matt I totally agree the Ion would have been much nicer with a few pockets. There were a couple of threads here about adding pockets to Ions if you're interested in that. You could also add p...

In Gear Deals » GoLite ION
February 22, 8:07am

Re holding
Matt if you want a lightweight kid pack I think the Ion might be a good choice. As far as volume I think its around 1500 cubic inches although as I mentioned above you can modify it. For me it ho...

February 21, 10:19pm

Poncho
Thanks for putting up the list thats great. The only rain gear I see is a poncho. I have a jacket I could loan, but it doesn't breath that well and it might have a leak on the shoulder (not s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
February 19, 6:04pm

Re Re nope unisex
I hear a lot of people say the hipbelt doesn't do anything for them on an Ion. Personally I like it for two reasons. First it keeps the pack from shifting around. Second when I pack it right...

February 18, 10:46pm

Draft?
I wonder if drafts might be your problem (if not a thin pad). I like my Ultra 20 but I've only used it with a bivy which seems to really help with drafts.

In Philosophy & Technique » I cant stay warm in my Golite Ultra 20
February 18, 7:02pm

Pack
If the Gust doesn't work out let me know. I have a pack I made that weighs about 12 oz since it was my first I don't know if it would hold up on a really long hike. Do you have rain gear?...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
February 18, 6:52pm

Still there?
I'll get in line behind Joseph if the pack is still for sale.

In Gear Swap » FS: GG Whisperâ„¢ Uberlight Backpack
February 16, 9:43am

Re Golite Jam
In case anyone's interested I saw a brand new regular length Golite Ultra 20 and an 08 Medium Jam, the old kind thats still 21 oz. Both were for sale at Outdoor Trails in Lynchburg, VA. They ...

In Gear Deals » GoLite Jam
February 15, 8:37pm

Re Boots
Scott you have a point there. Boots do protect you a bit better. I've had some close calls in deep snow. It seems to be the worst when there's a crust and I suddenly fall through into wh...

In GEAR » Footwear for the Southern AT in this Weather.
February 15, 11:21am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.