BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1921 - 1930 of 2107 | Page: 1 ...184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ...211

Forum » Thread

One idea
I just mapped out about a 33 mile route on DeLorme Topo assuming the train stops at both trailheads you could go up Elk Creek and across the mountains to Vallecito Creek than cross the mountains ag...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
March 01, 6:57pm

Re Re CO Ideas
Yes flies were bad when we went up for a day hike near Crested Butte and my family said they were bad on the Aspen side the next year. This was at lower elevations so maybe its not as bad higher u...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip Suggestions for Father and 8 y/o Son
March 01, 6:33pm

CO ideas
I can't comment on transportation much. But since you seem to be heading for CO heres my 2 cents. Elevation I personally wouldn't sweet the altitude. My five siblings and I went t...

March 01, 6:01pm

Colorado and Another Idea
It sounds like you've homed in on Emigrant Wildernessn which sounds great. If for whatever reason you want to look at CO let me know, the Lost Creek Wilderness area was my stomping grounds for...

February 28, 9:07pm

Like it
I like it just fine as is but I'd second the motion for the rest of the pictures. Also I'd be curious to know exactly how you made that tent? I for one might try and make one of those at s...

In On the Web » LytW8.com
February 28, 1:07pm

Some ideas
The Olympics and Sierras are sounding pretty cool. I went camping on the Olympic Pennisula when I was nine and though it was really cool. Kids seem to like beaches, and cool creeks so it might be...

February 27, 11:02am

Pepper Spray
Whats with pepper spray being illegal in parts of CA? Can someone enlighten me on this since I might be out there at some point? Can I bring my bear spray?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Guns in national parks... NOW LEGAL!
February 25, 6:22pm

Re Re Re Ultralight Handgun
I go as light as I can but in the end I only go as light as I can safely and enjoyably, if I'm worried about something the trips no fun so why go? Rather than go SUL this spring in CO I threw ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Guns in national parks... NOW LEGAL!
February 25, 7:34am

Snow
It depends on how much above 2 feet it is and how often. If its consistantly above 2 feet thats going to be tough and if there are very many 5ft drift that will be hard. Remember the trail may ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Current conditions of A.T. in Smoky Mtns.
February 25, 7:21am

stereotypes
Can we hold off on the stereotype that anyone who carries a gun for self defense is paranoid and will quickly blaze away at anything that startles him? Most people here may not think the danger in ...

February 24, 10:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.