BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1911 - 1920 of 2075 | Page: 1 ...183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ...208

Forum » Thread

Why not?
I'd say why not unless you're going to be in too big a hole financially. Worst case if the PCT just isn't possible you could maybe do the JMT or Colorado Trail but I'd push for the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 11, 4:41pm

Easy first out west trip/CO
You also can't go wrong in Colorado, check out RMNP and the wilderness areas. Its busy but my family loves Indian Peaks Wilderness.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Easy first out west trip.
February 05, 1:55pm

Re Silnylon Rain Jacket
I remember Equinox sold one. I actaully bought one and than returned it. They had tried to make it somewhat breakable with pit vents and a vent on the back. If wasn't very breathable as a ra...

In GEAR » Silnylon Rain Jacket?
February 01, 3:13pm

Re Re Re Goose Down Humane
Thats true Lynn (poor countries having a higher birth rate because of poverty). Another factor is social values that encourage it. Also traditionally your kids have provided for you when you get ...

In GEAR » Goose Down, Humane?
January 31, 4:23pm

Re Re Re Re Most Ridiculious Thread
Troy you have a point in the "big picture" idea. The humaness of my down comes down to more of a personal moral issue than the overall envirnmental question which is more about resources...

January 30, 5:31pm

Re Re Goose Down Humane?
Interesting points Miguel. You have a point nature is not "clean" although it works. My brother and I hashed this out a while back. Since animals themselves don't hesitate to eat e...

January 28, 9:22pm

Re Re Snow Camping
Thanks for the invite Dougles, I'll probably have to pass on that one I'm only free on Friday and Saturday. Maybe next time.

In Chaff » Winter Storm; Southern Appalachians
January 28, 9:05pm

Snow camping
Dougles where are you going? I'm planning on hitting the AT in the Lynchburg area. If I feel like it I'm going to try my SUL gear in the snow.

In Chaff » Winter Storm; Southern Appalachians
January 28, 8:45pm

Re Canada
Dean by the time my post got up others had jumped in so it didn't make much sense so sorry for the confussion. You're right being Canadian doesn't matter except that it means different...

January 28, 8:42pm

Re Grip
Before we go tearing into each other of euthanasia lets remember Dewey is in Canada if I recall and the rest of us are in the US (I guess Lynn is in New Zealand). Conditions/rules etc. are going t...

January 28, 8:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.