Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 1901 - 1910 of 2137 | Page: 1 ...182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ...214

Forum » Thread

Thanks Chris
Much apprieciated Chris, I hope to get down there fairly soon. It was my understaning that Shining Rock had some of the better scenery but that it was a bit crowded. If its not croweded than that...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » VA/NC Trip Ideas
June 25, 3:06pm

Shining Rocks
Thanks Chris. Any way to beat the crowds or is that just part of the deal? Any other spots around there I should check out? I know Cold Mountain is to the north and looked a bit more isolated th...

June 25, 2:46pm

Shining Rocks?
Anybody here been to Shining Rocks Wildernes? Sounds like one of the better places I could go without driving all the way down to the Smokies.

June 25, 2:40pm

VA/NC Trip Ideas
I was getting a bit bored with trail hikes so I had planned on a really cool cross country trip in Colorado. Unfortunately I broke my left wrist. Now I'm in Lynchburg Virginia recovering and ...

June 25, 10:33am

Bluffing?
I don't claim to be a bear expert but I wonder if this was a bluff charge or at least started that way? It looked like to me the bear didn't take the most direct route to the guy. I wonde...

In Chaff » Maybe I should carry a gun in the backcountry....
June 22, 9:42pm

Re Re Bear Canister in a Jam
I'm seeing a lot a discussion of fitting a Bear Canister in a Jam or Pinnacle. I have used a Jam and for a long time I used a Golite Trek which is basically an earlier version of the Pinnacle....

In Gear Lists » JMT Hike by Boy Scout
June 22, 11:16am

Bear Canister fit
In a test run I fit a bear canister into my Golite Jam vertically (that is about a 3300 cubic inch pack). I think I would have had room for my gear. For mid weight packs I heighly recommend the G...

In Gear Lists » JMT Hike by Boy Scout
June 21, 12:54pm

Re total weight and distance
If I remember right Joseph's total weight was ten or twelve pounds. I think the total distance was about 11 miles of which we did about 8 the first day. In my experienc that is about the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL with baby brother
June 16, 4:05pm

SUL with baby brother
This is a trip I took my little brother Joseph on in March of 09. At the time he was 10 years old. Joseph is a real trooper when it comes to backpacking. Since I don't have his mom's per...

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL with baby brother
June 16, 3:19pm

Goats herding dogs
A friend of mine raised goats and he had these two huge dogs to protect them. They were a cross breed of two types of Turkish sheep dogs. Supposedly in tests they were the dog most likely to stand...

In GEAR » Bears and Puppies Oh My!
June 16, 12:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.