BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 191 - 200 of 3013 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...302

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Which Pencil for the JMT?
Pencils and pens are for the amateur, for those afraid of their own voices, insecure that their words will not stand the test of time. Personally, I carry stonemason's tools and inscribe mon...

In GEAR » Which Pencil for the JMT?
December 04, 2:18pm

Re: East bound - West bound ... and other logistics
In my opinion the biggest issue to consider is finishing time disparities amongst everyone out there and how this factors into shuttles. Some stuff to think about…. At the R2R2R and Joshua ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
December 02, 9:23am

Re: Pearls for backpacking in the rain
Be grateful for your waterproof epidermis. As long as you're warm, wet doesn't matter.

In Philosophy & Technique » Pearls for backpacking in the rain
December 01, 7:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure- Zion Traverse 4/5/14
I was thinking about this some more tonight…. Why not have two separate groups run in two separate directions? Some people were concerned about having the Grotto as a bailout point…which ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure
December 01, 7:45pm

Re: Re: Re: 3rd annual BPL Spring Run Adventure- Zion Traverse 4/5/14
The only problem I can see with running E -> W is people finishing at Lee's Pass very late. Presuming we camp in the valley, it's easily a 1.5 hour drive away. It would take a lot of w...

December 01, 1:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
To be honest, the most exhausting part of this trip was nerves. I had my kids with me and took shifts taking them out snorkeling between spearing runs. It's deep water, prime for sharks, and ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
November 29, 10:15pm

Re: Re: 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
You're killing it Eugene. The only thing that could potentially give you trouble with a 100K is going too fast. I think you've certainly got the fitness to finish with a respectable time....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual BPL Spring Run -Zion Training Thread
November 29, 9:35pm

Re: nice pics!
Sick pictures Adan. Baldy looks pretty big and proud there. So I was going to run up there tomorrow....but....a boat trip to spearfish at the Channel Islands has been put together. Underwater ...

November 26, 7:09pm

Re: From other camera
These are all so cool Kat, thanks for sharing. That's a beautiful lion you've got in your backyard.

In Photography » Got my mountain lion pictures!!! I did it!!
November 26, 6:22pm

Immigration
"If indeed our fate is tied to Mexico, then we are in a LOT of trouble. But then again, my opinion only, I have always believed that the USA should take over Mexico and make it the 51st state ...

In Chaff » Well we haven't covered immigration this year...
November 26, 6:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm