BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 191 - 200 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

extent of compression
If down is completely compressed, like the bottom of a sleeping bag, It looses a great deal of its warmth, basically all of it. A different story if it is only partially compressed, like maybe a do...

In GEAR » Warmth of down when compressed
July 05, 8:20pm

pm'ed
pm sent

In Gear Swap » FS Dana Designs Arcflex Alpine
July 05, 3:07pm

aerofabrix barrier
this one is stated to be helium proof, so definitely airtight, which i would assume means waterproof? they also say it can be welded, so maybe some potential as a tarp material. Depending upon h...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Ultralight Aluminiumised Fabric
July 04, 8:34am

Re
First, the boots are synthetic, which may be a bit of a game changer. I was thinking the ice would just expand out the hole, but I think thats wrong. The exposed area will freeze first, and poss...

In GEAR » freezing boots
June 30, 8:27pm

freezing boots
I have a pair of perfect boots that are just a bit too narrow. I read online that you can put a plastic bag full of water in the boot, and freeze it. The expanding water is supposed to widen the bo...

In GEAR » freezing boots
June 30, 1:01pm

anyone want a Koa 55?
I have a brand new, still in packaging, green Koa 55 from Mountain Hardware. I had one last summer that I used for a thru hike of the Long Trail in Vermont, it carried 35-40 lbs well. The reaso...

In Gear Swap » anyone want a Koa 55?
June 29, 7:37pm

i feel stupid now...
I did not see that at all until you mentioned it! would you consider selling it cheaper without the sleeves? I'm in the market for a vest at the moment.

In Gear Swap » F.S. PHD Yukon 900EU fp with Removeable hood & Arms
June 26, 7:16pm

size?
size?

In Gear Swap » F.S. PHD Yukon 900EU fp with Removeable hood & Arms
June 26, 11:56am

fill power
Richard, do you know the fill power of the down? I might be interested.

In Make Your Own Gear » Down
June 22, 11:07am

patching a quilt
I have a few pin sized holes in my quilt. I'm not positive what the fabric is, but its pretty thin. I have a bit of masking tape on one of the holes, which has worked surprisingly well for a fe...

In GEAR » patching a quilt
June 22, 9:04am

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm