Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Wills (willspower3) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale David Wills hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me 25 years old. AT 2009, PCT 2011.
StateGA
CountryUSA or S. Korea
My PDF Gear ListPCT 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Wills

Showing 191 - 200 of 479 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...48

Forum » Thread

Re: SUL Gear Choices
Z packs also has silnylon packs under 5 oz. It would be more durable than the spinnaker used in GG packs.cheap too

In GEAR » SUL Gear Help
February 12, 4:18pm

Re: 3 season quilt
The synthetic insulation loft debate has been going on for a while. Here is what I have gathered: Synthetics provide more warmth per inch of loft than down. When synthetic loft degrades, the effe...

In GEAR » 3 season quilt
February 10, 12:30pm

Re: RE: AT thru hike mid Feb departure
I guess I was banking too heavily on my jacket for warmth. Its made with the same amount of insulation as what I would consider a 20-25* sleeping bag has and I figured it would get me down to 0*. ...

In Gear Lists » AT thru hike mid feb. departure
February 06, 10:49am

AT thru hike mid feb. departure
Hey everyone, im leaving for the AT in a little over a week and im still tossing up a lot of gear options. Im leaving on the 15th, and it has been unseasonably cold the past few weeks. I want to b...

In Gear Lists » AT thru hike mid feb. departure
February 05, 9:59pm

Re: Sleeping Bag Liner
If you are willing to be careful with your liner, the lighter silks (4.5-5mm) are cheap enough to make one quilt liner and one bag liner. What is the weight limit for your liner? Dave at Oware on...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sleeping Bag Liner
February 05, 6:51pm

Winter Jacket - 22oz
Hey everyone, I just got done making my first insulated jacket and I wanted to share it. It is a hooded, full zip, no pocket variety with a waist bungee, and a hood bungee. The arms in the patter...

In Make Your Own Gear » Winter Jacket - 22oz
February 04, 8:23pm

Re: Wearing Jacket to Bed to Boost Bag Rating
If you are trying to figure out the warmth adding effects of a synthetic jacket, consider the weight of the insulation. My Thermawrap parka has 80g/m insulation which I think is about 2.6 oz/yd. Th...

In GEAR » Wearing Jacket to Bed to Boost Bag Rating
January 10, 2:23pm

$.99/yd 1.5 oz DWR ripstop - Westmark Corp
Just thought I would let the MYOG community know there is some 1.5 oz ripstop for sale for $.99/yd from www.westmarkcorp.com under closeouts. It is firm, so it may not be as drapeable or comfy as ...

In Make Your Own Gear » $.99/yd 1.5 oz DWR ripstop - Westmark Corp
December 30, 6:59am

Re: Equinox SilNylon tarp
Price wise, its hard to beat equinox tarps. If you want to go smaller, I would recommend trying a $4 blue tarpauline from a box store that comes in 6x8 before making the switch to silnylon. I fou...

In GEAR » Equinox SilNylon tarp
December 29, 3:03pm

Re: Food for thought, steel $6.00 UL cook kit
I've been wanting to try that Ti bowl for a while, but im pretty happy with my 5 oz 1L SS pot w/ pie pan lid. It was a gift without any accessories, but im pretty sure its the pot from the sno...

In GEAR » Food for thought, steel $6.00 UL cook kit
December 26, 4:32pm

All Reader Reviews by David Wills

David Wills has posted no reviews.