BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 191 - 200 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

shake
Nestle Nido, 1/2 cup, and 2 packets of carnation instant breakfast. Add 2 cups of cold water, enjoy. I often times have instant breakfast in the mornings when I'm not hiking, so it seemed o...

In GEAR » Breakfast trail shake recipes?
June 23, 6:52pm

Re: Re: Lightest
I saw something almost identical to what you describe on another board awhile back...I think there was a youtube vid accompanying it.

In GEAR » Absolute Lightest 1L Water Bottle
June 23, 2:30pm

list
again, the list is wrong...the two granite gear packs on that list HAVE frames, the only ultralight frameless pack they make is NOT on your list (virga). Seems like sort of a silly, subjective l...

In GEAR » Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
June 23, 10:59am

DriDucks
For the price, it works well for me, though I've only used mine on one trip. Had a full day of light to moderate rain, 20-30 mph winds, and 40-50 deg temps. While walking it kept me warm en...

In GEAR » DriDucks
June 22, 11:26pm

bump
back to the top...good deal on a great tent!

In Gear Swap » FS: TarpTent Contrail
June 22, 10:28am

Re: Objective standards for shelters
Wind testing in sustained winds would be possible I suppose, but a typical tent is going to vary in its ability to handle wind, depending greatly on wind direction. As far as a tent blowing away...

In GEAR » Objective standards for shelters
June 22, 12:54am

Granite Gear
pretty sure neither of those granite gear packs need a sleeping pad for support, however the granite gear virga, my pack of choice, IS frameless and requires a CCF pad or other source of support. ...

In GEAR » Identify packs that require sleeping pads as frames
June 21, 11:38pm

Re: Tarps Above Timberline
For the record, I've never camped above treeline in any manner. That being said, an inability to sink a stake seems like an odd reason for you not to be able to use any particular shelter. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tarps Above Timberline
June 21, 8:50pm

Re: ULA's new Youtube product videos
someone should tell her to shorten her trekking poles...

In GEAR » ULA's new Youtube product videos
June 21, 6:31pm

FS: TarpTent Contrail
This tent was bought second-hand from someone else, and has cumulatively, around 45 nights of use between the previous owner and myself. The tent, with 4 stakes, seam sealed and floor striped wi...

In Gear Swap » FS: TarpTent Contrail
June 21, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm