BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 6 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityDeweyville
StateUtah
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 191 - 200 of 218 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Tarp, covering the door
I ordered and received the Tyvek version due to its lightweight and breathability. Here are my thoughts on a "porch". Why not take a lightweight tarp and set that up over the entrance? W...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tarptent Sublite Tent Review
January 08, 9:57pm

Valandre Goose Down
Michael- I suggested the Bloody Mary because of its design and amount of down fill -- it seemed to be the best fit for the temp rating that he was looking for. If he is living in Arkansas, he'...

In GEAR » New Bag Help
January 05, 4:21pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have been testing the Bloody Mary recently, and I personally like it for use as a bag in the temp range that you specified. It has a unique feature where it has two different zip-out collars, de...

In GEAR » New Bag Help
January 05, 11:35am

Valandre LaFayette size Large - FS
I have decided to sell off my personal LaFayette by Valandre'. It retails for $599, I'd like to sell it for $350 plus shipping. I used it last summer on a trip to the Winds, and a couple o...

In Gear Swap » Valandre LaFayette size Large - FS
December 18, 7:23am

Valandre' Shocking Blue
"I just couldn't see how a bag with 6" of loft in some areas would be warmer than the Antelope, a tighter fitting bag, let alone go to 0 degrees or -13, unless one were essentially su...

In GEAR » Tell me about Valandre
November 17, 9:56am

Valandre' Shocking Blue
nm

November 17, 9:54am

Valandre'
I can't help myself...gotta chime in here... :-) Disclosure: I am an authorized retailer for Valandre' gear. I personally own the Swing 500, the Mirage, the Lafayette, and the Thor. ...

November 13, 7:57pm

Valandre' equivalent for your wife
Wellllll.....Do you think that she wants/needs an all-season bag? Would she like a full zip? (I went with a WM sequoia semi-rectangular for my wife because she HAS to stick her feet out...they get...

In GEAR » valandre bags?
October 11, 5:20pm

Valandre bag weights vs PHD
Mmmmmm.... I am not coming up with the same figures, so I am having a hard time accepting that the PHD bags are "a lot lighter" than Valandre bags. The PHD XERO 800 bag that is rate...

In GEAR » valandre bags?
October 11, 2:31pm

Space remaining inside Nallo 2 with an Exped DAM 9 DLX
I thought that this photo might be of benefit. The head-end of the airmat was all the way up to the doorway (entrance). the length of the DAM 9 DLX is 76", and the inner length of the Na...

In GEAR » Hilleberg Nallo 2
October 07, 8:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm