Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 191 - 200 of 465 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...47

Forum » Thread

2010 Jam
I'm quite happy with my 2010 Jam and just got back from a trip with it (expect a report soon) and while I can't read the article since my membership expired I feel like I can still add to t...

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Peak Backpack Review
January 11, 12:17am

Quilt or Bag?
When it comes to a quilt or bag I really don't care. There are a lot of quality bags that come in close to the weight of the cheaper or more common quilts. For me it's all about price and r...

In GEAR » WM Summerlite's quilt equivalent?
January 10, 7:24am

Lid and pack
Oh my. Any idea about what other pots they'll be making the lid for? I'd like one for the MLD 450ml(IIRC) pot/mug thing I'm thinking about ordering. Wait, what am I talking about? I...

In GEAR » Teaser: Today's mail from TiGoat.
January 03, 11:46pm

REI
The big store now carries Granite Gear cuben dry sacks. I think they're around $40-50.

In GEAR » 100.00 bucks christmas money what should I buy?
January 03, 12:11pm

Not quite
I've seen a UK blog where a guy uses a WPB bivy (probably event) in combination with a teeny tiny tarp over his head. The tarp was similiar, if not based off of, the MLD Mini Dog Tarp (http://w...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivying Tarp-Free?
January 02, 11:45pm

North Face Fitment
My wife is interested to know about the fitment on the North Face Jacket. I think she may be between sizes or pushed into a large because her torse is quite long (Even for her height. Think long to...

In Gear Swap » Snow Peak 700, Black Diamond headlight,Golite windshirt, heavier down items
January 02, 10:34pm

Re: Re: Big 3 vs. Big 4?
Dale said, "Finally, there is the snowball effect, where less and lighter gear with smaller volume allows smaller, lighter packs, lighter shoes, etc." This is something I've had tr...

In Philosophy & Technique » Big 3 vs. Big 4?
January 02, 2:02pm

Chalk another one up for Eugene
Beautiful pictures. Excellent commentary. Truly inspiring.

In Post-Trip Reports » Desert Wasteland? - White Mountain Wilderness, NM, Three Rivers Canyon Trail, 12/30-12/31/10
January 02, 12:27pm

Throw it out
Fortunately the majority of the gear the average beginner wants to bring can be thrown out with little to no risk by simply learning to utilize other items they're going to have to bring to acc...

In Philosophy & Technique » Big 3 vs. Big 4?
January 02, 9:19am

Desert
As another member alluded to previously I can see this type of pack being beneficial to the ultralighter who hikes in the desert and frequently needs to carry a significant amount of water.

In GEAR » Absaroka Pack
December 30, 9:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.