BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 191 - 200 of 1175 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...118

Forum » Thread

CO Plateau
I know you're on a bike but not sure if you do any MTB. If you do obviously the Colorado Plateau is a must. Temps get cold but weather is generally clear. Even so, any of the places near Moab a...

In GEAR » Should I Carry a Stove in the Southwest?
October 28, 12:43pm

Re: Looking for More
Bring a gigapower or similar like Nick suggests. Generally speaking if there are fire restrictions, gas stoves are still allowed since they have a shut off valve (no esbit or alcohol). This time of...

In GEAR » Should I Carry a Stove in the Southwest?
October 28, 12:05pm

Wind shirts
Max, I did the same thing when I first started with windshirts. I eventually sized up to layer over a fleece and have not noticed any difference in warmer weather performance (actually it extends t...

In GEAR » Patagucci as technical wear?
October 27, 10:37pm

Re: Re: Mountain Hardwear DryQ Elite guarantee
Which pants are you talking about, that construction sounds odd for MHW? Also if you buy from REI or Backcountry.com they have great guarantees regardless of manufacturer (although REI has dropped ...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear DryQ Elite guarantee
October 27, 9:23pm

Re: thanks
I also agree with fleece. A good windresistant fleece is nice (gore windstopper). The wind blocking membrane can make your hands pretty sweaty, but I find wind protection is more important than moi...

In GEAR » Best cold weather mitt liner
October 27, 3:39pm

Re: Thermoball
When new fabrics and insulations come out there's usually at least a year lag (often two or more) before the products become available for the DIY/MYOG community. There's a ton of economics...

In Make Your Own Gear » Thermoball
October 27, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Patagucci as technical wear?
Remember patagonia got it's start as a climbing company and still holds a design tradition harking back to then (even if the designers are working on convention more than knowledgeable traditio...

In GEAR » Patagucci as technical wear?
October 26, 4:42pm

Ace is the place
Hard to beat Ace for convenience and price. The staff is also almost universally helpful and knowledgeable. I just picked up some washers and SS mesh bits to play around with making a pre-filter fo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tubing that will fit gravity filter, where to get?
October 24, 3:06am

Re: My Latest Alcohol Stove Design
I love it. I'm a big fan of using mousse cans for alcy stoves. Nice thick aluminum for durability but still relatively easy to work with. My first and only myog stove used one.

In GEAR » My Latest Alcohol Stove Design
October 23, 1:31pm

Re: Re: Re: re: Ground insulation.
Justin, to save cost look to geartrade.com. Lots of sleeping pads under $100. I think they even have a neoair trekker torso for around $70 (not UL, but still nice for winter). Lots of other brands ...

In GEAR » Ground insulation.
October 23, 1:54am

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.