BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 191 - 200 of 1157 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...116

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Wool sleeping bag for desert use
The cause of death is arguable. Had he not been carrying so much weight, maybe he would have had enough energy to survive and similar what if scenarios. Anyway, as for the desert? Make a ligh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wool sleeping bag for desert use
September 23, 1:10pm

Re: other things
Eric, I agree with you on most points, especially on the discrepancy between price, spec, value of synthetics and down on this forum. I will say this though, Dane over at coldthistle has been pl...

In GEAR » Thermawraps are getting heavy!
September 23, 12:58pm

Re: Heel blister protection, alternative to Engo strips?
Check the lacing of your shoes. When I switched to the loop-lock method that inov-8 suggests I solved a lot of fitting issues. While I've never gotten blisters (good wicking socks, softer upper...

In GEAR » Heel blister protection, alternative to Engo strips?
September 19, 5:19pm

Re: winter shoe question
for 20F temps you really don't need heavily insulated boots. There are a ton of light weight boots paired with a thin neoprene sock (like NRS Hydroskins) that should work. If the soles are stif...

In GEAR » winter shoe question
September 15, 12:42pm

Re: Re: reasonably priced puffy for snow
The Montbell Mirage is $60 off right now through their web specials (I've never seen it on sale). Other than that, keep looking on GeartTrade.com. I've bought most of my higher end stuff...

In GEAR » reasonably priced puffy for snow
September 06, 10:43am

price drop
bump with some price drops.

In Gear Swap » FS: Clothes and footwear
August 21, 6:50pm

FS: Clothes and footwear
Cleaning house...so I can live in one. A lot of this stuff is in great condition but just didn't quite fit me right (or gifts). Therefore they have a lot of life left in them. All prices includ...

In Gear Swap » FS: Clothes and footwear
August 19, 7:24pm

Re: You got it!
"blog updates take me about 3 minutes to write" That explains a lot... Have fun on your trip!

In GEAR » Goodbye, BPL!
August 19, 12:23pm

Re: mesh doors
Based off the Brooks website pics, the 2D seems to have solid fabric doors. Also the only real difference between the propel regular and 2D is the second door/vestibule. I would suspect the same co...

In GEAR » Brooks Range Propel 2D, worth 270.00?
August 12, 11:50pm

Re: i'm looking for both parts
Not readily available in small quantities sadly (I've done a ton of searching with not results yet). Still you may be able to to craft your own out of some kind of plastic, like a blank nylon b...

In Make Your Own Gear » wtb: valve for the short half of my cut neoair
August 12, 11:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.