BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 191 - 200 of 1137 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...114

Forum » Thread

Re: 150g (5.3 oz) tyvek shoes
There are current 150g shoes from other manufacturers with tread designed for trails. These shoes also are made of mesh which is considerably more breathable than tyvek. It does have a price advant...

In GEAR » 150g (5.3 oz) tyvek shoes on kickstarter
June 21, 12:00pm

Re: Escape Pod Cooler
Doug, sounds like it works good enough. If you wanted to make it a bit more scientific...just pack the same bottles (one frozen, one chilled) inside the bag and have another frozen/chilled combo ou...

In GEAR » Escape Pod Cooler - unscientific test
June 20, 6:51pm

Re: Down or Synthetic
The luft is synthetic, the hadron is down...but it's sold already so...

In Gear Swap » FS: Tilley Hat and Stoic Down Sweater
June 20, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Chinese "Tenkara"
That's good to hear Craig. I've been looking to get into tenkara (really fishing in general) for a long time but had other outdoor hobbies that demanded more time and investment from me....

In Fishing » Chinese "Tenkara"
June 10, 8:28pm

Re: Re: Chinese "Tenkara"
The followup: http://sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/chinese-tenkara/ It was positive enough that I ordered some as a ridiculously cheap way to get into tenkara stye fishing. Fr...

In Fishing » Chinese "Tenkara"
June 10, 6:53pm

Re: Re: DWR
In the desert I don't get much chance to test extended rainy weather techniques...except when I canyoneer. My very first backpacking trip I spent 95% of my time in 40F water that was consist...

In GEAR » So what is the deal with rain pants?
June 06, 12:43pm

Re: C.A.M.P. - B-Dry Jacket Evo
It's essentially a silnylon type fabric. With the PU coating on the inside it's actually closer to a tent's rain fly. It's is completely waterproof and will NOT breathe. They used t...

In GEAR » C.A.M.P. - B-Dry Jacket Evo
June 06, 12:02pm

Jetboil
So my gf and I picked up a pair of used Jetboils sols for dirt cheap. All the plastic bits on mine were broken except the lid which was fine by me. My gf's was ambiguously "not working&quo...

In GEAR » Jetboil
June 06, 11:57am

ColdBlack
Did some quick google searching and came up with ColdBlack, which apparently UnderArmour uses in some clothing. For tech specs look at this schoeller site: http://www.coldblack.ch/index.php?i...

In GEAR » Ultimate Sun Shirt Search
June 04, 9:15pm

Re: Colors
The lighter the better (in color). From someone that lives in a high insolation region, you definitely will notice how much heat a black shirt will absorb (and then release onto your skin) versus a...

In GEAR » Ultimate Sun Shirt Search
June 04, 9:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.