BPL Community Profile

Dustin Short (upalachango) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Dustin Short hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Dustin Short has not added a biography yet.
StateSW

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dustin Short

Showing 191 - 200 of 1163 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...117

Forum » Thread

Garage Sales
Whatever I find at an REI garage sale seems to work for me. Less than $10 and usually some dumba$$ couldn't figure out how to change modes (manuals come with them and are also online...). I'...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 16, 1:08pm

Re: Sweet
They don't restock the web specials like normal inventory, it's last year's (or older) models that they are clearing inventory. So basically you won't find a dark blue for another y...

In Gear Deals » Any alpine light parkas?
October 08, 2:09pm

Re: Re: Good deals on Mountain Hardwear at STP
Jeffrey, I believe it's 6.35oz of down. I had emailed MHW about it awhile back and they said 180grams IIRC. This is for the hooded version, figure a half to full oz less for the non-hooded. I h...

In Gear Deals » Good deals on Mountain Hardwear at STP
October 01, 11:23am

Ueli Steck and Sherpas
I just watched the Reel Rock Tour last night and there's a great film in it that looks at the Everest fight this year. They even have footage of the fight up at Camp Two. All in all I highly re...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ueli Steck and Sherpas
September 27, 11:08am

MHW
Interesting. I knew they were a subsidiary of Columbia, but when I emailed the regarding the unpublished specs of the MHW Hooded Phantom I got a prompt and thorough response from their customer sup...

In GEAR » why i wont buy a ghost whisperer
September 23, 1:24pm

Re: MH Ghost Whisperer and North Face Verto hooded windshirts $68 at SAC
To clarify, it's the Ghost Whisper (not WhisperER). This is the wind shirt, not the $300 UL down jacket.

In Gear Deals » MH Ghost Whisperer and North Face Verto hooded windshirts $68 at SAC
September 23, 1:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Wool sleeping bag for desert use
The cause of death is arguable. Had he not been carrying so much weight, maybe he would have had enough energy to survive and similar what if scenarios. Anyway, as for the desert? Make a ligh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wool sleeping bag for desert use
September 23, 1:10pm

Re: other things
Eric, I agree with you on most points, especially on the discrepancy between price, spec, value of synthetics and down on this forum. I will say this though, Dane over at coldthistle has been pl...

In GEAR » Thermawraps are getting heavy!
September 23, 12:58pm

Re: Heel blister protection, alternative to Engo strips?
Check the lacing of your shoes. When I switched to the loop-lock method that inov-8 suggests I solved a lot of fitting issues. While I've never gotten blisters (good wicking socks, softer upper...

In GEAR » Heel blister protection, alternative to Engo strips?
September 19, 5:19pm

Re: winter shoe question
for 20F temps you really don't need heavily insulated boots. There are a ton of light weight boots paired with a thin neoprene sock (like NRS Hydroskins) that should work. If the soles are stif...

In GEAR » winter shoe question
September 15, 12:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Dustin Short

Dustin Short has posted no reviews.