BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 191 - 200 of 1028 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: post JMT
Good to know about the mice! I'll use my Outsak though that will make it more attractive to 2-legged critters. May take a black trashbag to wrap it in, too. Mice can chew through any plastic co...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Major road trip to western parks - mainly Yosemite
January 14, 12:16pm

Yosemite post-JMT
2 more questions I thought of: 1. Is there an easy place to recharge camera batteries for a couple hours in Curry Village (or other nearby place)? Wouldn't surprise me if all 4 I'll have ...

January 14, 10:51am

Re: Yosemite
Since we're coming from outside the Park, a HD permit isn't required even with their new restrictions for 2013. I verified that with their wilderness office a few days ago. My Inyo permit w...

January 13, 11:06am

Re: Re: Re: Major road trip to western parks - tentative schedule
Great info, Art! I think the other David had mentioned reserving a cabin at CV when we were done - but I can't justify $136 + tax to stay in a tent. :P Looks like I'll try to reserve a s...

January 12, 5:37pm

Re: Major road trip to western parks - tentative schedule
I'm planning to hit those sites in order listed (S to N) starting at sunrise as we head in the general direction of I-80 home. I haven't figured out what I'll do for sleeping yet: 1...

January 12, 3:50pm

Re: Re: Major road trip to western parks - tentative schedule
I bet it would be. Full moon will be while in the Grand Canyon so I may go for a night hike.

January 12, 12:09pm

Major road trip to western parks - tentative schedule
This is what I have fleshed out so far and have a couple reservations made for the first 1/3. Anything I should change/drop/add? June 17 Drive to KS I-70 Exit 132 18 Drive to UT I-70 Exit 190 ...

January 12, 11:43am

Re: MOT / Other ideas
Not much for long distance (week-long) in the Midwest. Some others to consider would be sections of the River to River in southern IL, Ice Age in southern WI and other sections of North Country tra...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Midwest Trail Suggestions
January 11, 12:26pm

Re: Trip Report Index
Bump. Chris said he hoped to update it again "soon enough". It would help if you submit your reports via link on first post.

In Post-Trip Reports » Trip Report Index
January 08, 3:23pm

Re: Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
Almost a year out, at this point I think we should be asking will there be a Part 2?

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
January 08, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.