BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 191 - 200 of 1008 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...101

Forum » Thread

Re: GC North Rim v.s. South Rim
Won't happen on this trip. We'll be heading home via I-80.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Major road trip to western parks - mainly Yosemite
January 02, 1:02pm

Re: GC North Rim
True, but I figured some in-canyon time is better than none, and I didn't want to deal with the permit. I think I should ask my son if he wants to sleep at Cottonwood as I did. I doubt he'd...

January 02, 11:02am

Re: Hey!
Thanks for the offer, Kenneth, but Steve is closer and I'd be needing it the same time as your trip.

In Gear Swap » WTB: BV500
January 02, 10:54am

Re: WTB: BV500
That would be awesome, Steve. Thank you for the offer. Too bad you can't get out west this summer though.

January 02, 10:32am

WTB: BV500
If anyone has one they're getting rid of or know of a nice sale on one, let me know. Thanks.

January 02, 9:17am

Re: neo socks
> You can rent socks/shoes in Springdale for the Narrows. I did just fine in May without though. Just trail runners and wool socks. Wife as well. Take trekking poles for this though. The river i...

January 02, 9:15am

Re: Beyond Slow
Must be the year 2013 bug. :P

In Community Support Forum » Forums loading slow?
January 01, 8:19pm

Re: Mammoth-to-Yosemite specifics
I decided to just get the entire JMT Map-pack so I should be set. I doubt I'd go anywhere off-trail with him along. Leaving the car in the valley may be a good idea as well. If we finish ear...

December 30, 6:39pm

Half Dome timing & YARTS
My initial draft of our schedule has us doing Half Dome on either Sat July 6 or Sun July 7. We'd be coming from the east so would normally beat most people I'd think, but given it's a h...

December 26, 9:12am

Re: re: neo socks
Thanks, Dave. Thankfully we have an REI only 1.5 hours away now so we'll be able to try some on for size. He'll be 16 in Sep so this is likely the last major trip I'll be able to do ...

December 26, 8:56am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.