Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Greene (tippymcstagger) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me Jeremy Greene has not added a biography yet.
CityArlington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Greene

Showing 191 - 200 of 327 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...33

Forum » Thread

whistle
"WHAT I DON’T TAKE... - a whistle (I can use my fingers, and it’s LOUD!)" Thanks for the suggestion. I googled this and practiced a bit this afternoon. Made some progress. I haven...

In Gear Lists » THREE SEASON GEAR LIST (from Mike C!)
December 01, 3:46pm

Montrail people and Inov8 people
"Anyway there's two types of people in this world Montrail people and Inov8 people." Last week after 4 days my 676g (total for pair) tongueless runners were too much. I went barefo...

In GEAR » Starting Over
December 01, 7:54am

Re: Thanks
"If there is interest i could post also a myog bivy made off Tyvek." please do.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG PACK01
December 01, 6:55am

women's insulated jackets
It should provide comfort in humid or arid around freezing while sitting on foam behind a windbreak. Open to suggestions of what to make or buy. Imagined specifications: -hooded -covers hips ...

In GEAR » women's insulated jackets
December 01, 6:40am

Re: wow, great feedback!
"I'm interested in modifying a bag into a quilt thanks to Chris' suggestion, and I'd like to have my first try on a less expensive item." I suspect your cost in time and mo...

In Gear Lists » Starting with the Basics
November 21, 10:10am

Re: Big Bend II
"Don't get hurt, as there is not much in the way of rescue available. No people, no cell phone service, wild animals,..." -norvell1 Very good point. You will probably be taken to A...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Big Bend in December
November 20, 7:02am

Re: RayWay Tarp Book
I was able to borrow the tarp book through interlibrary loan--the lightweight solution. How long do you really want to hold it? Even if you prefer buying books, this gives the easiest access to the...

In Make Your Own Gear » ray way tarp kit/ tarp book
November 20, 6:48am

Re: critique 1st aid please
Joe, Thanks, advice taken, save following: "soap and alcohol gel?" -alcohol for #2. NaHCO3 can fill in for soap. "What does the witch hazel do..." -to be discrete, it i...

In Gear Lists » critique 1st aid please
November 19, 5:35pm

Re: survival
survival situations v survivalists...This may be very relevant to the choice of knife. Darren, interesting dichotomy that I had never thought to put into words. I suppose those in a survival sit...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
November 19, 10:18am

Re: Siltarp Dining Fly - Adjustable Poles - Simple
My way eliminates the extra cord. 1. slip through loops 2. cinch 3. tie tails An inappropriate mascot slipped into the frame. At 20lbs., this cat is well over many members' starting pac...

In Philmont » Dining Fly
November 18, 11:18am

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Greene

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Littlbug Wood Burning Stove Littlbug Junior
I have some, but not enough experience with campfires and this stove seems like a good tool for me. My MYOG attempts were not satisfactory. This stove will let me dispose of my laundry lint and avoid ...

In Stoves - Other
February 09, 4:10pm

Ben's Backwoods Online Retailer
He caters more to the bushcraft market than the UL market. Good selection of Moras. Shipping cost is reasonable. When I destroyed my plastic handled Mora Triflex with poor baton technique, he let m...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 09, 3:37pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Bigger company: Found this for a good sale price and at my door in 5 days. It is visually appealing too. Impression: Haven't used it yet, but inspected and started trimming. First use will be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 21, 2:38pm

MSR E-Wing
Good: *Sil-nylon cat cut tarp, elongated hexagon. *Small and light. *Can purchase with REI gift cards! *Use as dining fly or windbreak for 2, awning, minimal solo shelter, etc. *MSR suitably answ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 13, 2:05pm

Golite Ultra 20
Limited testing so far. Hope to add. I got it 2nd hand (but unused). Even at full price it is reasonable. Good materials, design, and build. Full baffle construction going *both ways* means that do...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 13, 12:03pm

Allen & Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book 2001
Light/UL/SUL books sometimes offer instruction for fast and light travel in optimal conditions. This book is not for lightweight, but gives more universal aspects of backpacking. The text covers th...

In Books and Media
October 28, 12:38pm

Backpacking Light MiniDrop 0.35-oz Dropper Bottles (7 pack)
The good has been clearly stated. The not-so-good: -orange and red are too similar -could use a ridge on tip for easier removal and filling edit: ridge not needed. Just push 90 degrees to tip.

In Miscellaneous Products
October 21, 8:08am

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
Very well organized. The crucial topics are touched. Combining the illustrations with the text allows for a brief overview or an in-depth visualization. As little as 1/2 hour of skimming gives a wealt...

In Books and Media
September 13, 11:00am

Lightweight Backpacking and Camping by Ryan Jordan et al.
If you have just stumbled onto this website, I highly recommend getting offline and reading this book. It covers many (perhaps most) of the topics repeatedly discussed here. It is well organized. It m...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:41pm

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
The Book of the Bivvy jumps about, but mainly covers two subjects: bivvy bags and hillwalking in the UK. Though I've found several books on hillwalking, this is currently the only book I know of f...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:28pm