BPL Community Profile

Gordon Smith (swearingen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Portland, Oregon
About Me http://www.facebook.com/people/Gordon-Smith/100000899587475
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://pixelhorse.smugmug.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List (4-day, summer, mountains, dry weather)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Smith

Showing 191 - 200 of 239 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Testing...
Having avatar trouble too...just a test

In Community Support Forum » Changing Avatar
August 08, 11:28am

Nice report!
Nice report and pics Aaron, thanks! Nice to see a report on Mt. Jeff. I love that area. I was there just last September with my dog, my Squall 2 and my Gossamer Gear Murmur. No fiance though: ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Mt Jefferson Wilderness, Oregon
August 07, 2:41am

MB UL Down Inner Jacket
I've had a MB UL Down Inner Jacket for several years now and I love it. Mine weighs about 8oz I think. Can't remember if Lg or Ex Lg. It's a favorite among ultralighters and has been fo...

In GEAR » Puffy Top Layer (Down Jackets)
August 07, 1:42am

RE: REI
I think Anna and Mark are correct, I've never seen a windshirt at REI either. For the Houdini I tried one on for size at my local Patagonia outlet. They only carry the Houdini in black though a...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt Advice?
August 06, 11:05am

RE: Jetboil
A Jetboil stove is an integrated system. The stove and pot are specifically made for each other and are coupled together with a proprietary windscreen/heat exchanger thinga-ma-bobber. They claim th...

In GEAR » How much butane fuel do I need?
August 06, 4:35am

RE Wind Shirts
I love wind shirts. They breathe far better than conventional rain gear yet with their DWR treatment they can keep you pretty dry in light rain or even a brief downpour. For most day hikes and back...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt Advice?
August 06, 12:51am

Jetboil?
Tae Kim wrote: "This site shows that 100g canister can boil 10 liters which equals to about 40 cups which is exactly what I need to boil." But are you actually using a Jetboil? You di...

In GEAR » How much butane fuel do I need?
August 05, 11:11pm

Re: Marmot
Nice photos Steve. Yeah, that marmot was HUGE! At first I thought it might be the ellusive "Marm-a-lope" but alas it had no antlers ;-) G

In Post-Trip Reports » Enchantments Tour, July 12-16, 2009
August 03, 4:11pm

Look to the future...
I say let us not dwell on the wiping methods of yesterday or even today my friends. When it comes to backside hygiene there's a new sheriff in town: Comfort Wipes! Finally there's a bett...

In GEAR » No TP?
August 02, 3:41am

Soot
I read this thread a while back. Besides the banter being pretty darn amusing I was also impressed with how much you guys really liked this stove. It's safe to say the Bushbuddy has practically...

In GEAR » BB Ultra + Tibetan Titanium 1100 = Fit
August 01, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera ULC Cone for Snow Peak 600 mug
The Caldera ULC Cone is the compact version of the original Caldera Cone that Trail Designs has been making for several years. The great benefit of the ULC Cones is that they're designed to fit in...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 05, 1:32am