BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 191 - 200 of 365 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: HexaDome
Seriously Joe?! More options?! I too would like to see this in production. Seems like this would be the lightest freestanding option out there? Would be interesting to get some user reports compa...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexadome prototype
March 22, 10:56am

Re: My new stove setup--not quite under 3oz.
Dang, nice kit Jason! And a full boil on half an esbit saves even more weight. Between the 3 kits posted so far, this will be a good thread for anyone looking for the lightest cooking systems. T...

In GEAR » My new stove setup, under 3oz. Everything but fuel.
March 22, 10:50am

Re: Re: superlight carbon fiber knives
All they need to do is laminate a thin piece of steel in the center, then you could have light weight AND a legitimate knife. I came up with a design, too bad I don't have enough time to ma...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » superlight carbon fiber knives
March 20, 2:00pm

Re: Closed cell foam for side sleepers
Before I got my neo air, I used a thermarest z-lite. I found that folding it in half, dramatically increases comfort. I just put my backpack under my feet.

In GEAR » Closed cell foam for side sleepers
March 20, 11:33am

Re: Re: Ways to sleep better
EARPLUGS!!! Totally changed my ability to sleep when camping. I'm a light sleeper. Regular noises I can get used to, like trains, aquarium filters, fans, dogs barking, etc. But as soon as a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ways to sleep better
March 19, 8:58am

Re: Base weight/body weight
I agree with Ty Ty. But, one thing you could do to set your mind at ease, is to calculate your gear weight on a spreadsheet, and just substitute the weights of your XL clothes, and long sleeping...

In Philosophy & Technique » Base weight/body weight
March 19, 8:41am

Re: This depends on some definitions...
I like, and mostly agree with Everett's reply. However, I would also ask. Are you referring to "church" in the way we define it as a building? Or as the way the bible defines it as...

In Philosophy & Technique » nature=church?
March 19, 8:21am

Re: My first (and prob only) Mt. Lion sighting!
Awesome! I'm jealous. This is the last large, California animal I haven't seen in person.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My first (and prob only) Mt. Lion sighting!
March 19, 7:32am

Re: Hydration system questions
You could still use the squeeze filter with your current set up. Just need to bring another "dirty" water bladder/bottle. Fill it with water, attach the squeeze filter, then filter/squeez...

In GEAR » Hydration system questions
March 17, 4:37pm

Re: New Gear Checklist and Pack-Weight Calculator App
Well, there's been a lot of negative feedback so far, so I'd just like to say that I really like it! I like how the items in your list are listed with grams, ounces and pounds. One issue...

In Gear Lists » New Gear Checklist and Pack-Weight Calculator App
March 17, 2:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.