BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 191 - 200 of 374 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...38

Forum » Thread

SOS
I think this is a good reason why you should use the universal sign of distress: 3 I think three blasts on a whistle close together at regular intervals, would sound less "organic"? Ma...

In Philosophy & Technique » emergency whistle sounds just like a bird call ...
March 29, 7:56am

What can you spend?
Some good advise so far, especially regarding your sleep system. I had an idea though, why don't you tell us how much you are willing to spend to get your weight down? That way we can look a...

In Gear Lists » Please pick apart my list! =)
March 28, 4:06pm

Re: overnight Sierra ideas
I don't know how much help this will be if you are coming from OC, but I really enjoyed our out and back overnight to Bear Twin Lakes. It's near Lake Thomas A. Edison. While I haven't ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » overnight Sierra ideas
March 26, 1:22pm

Re: Garbage Wars!
Unrelated to backpacking: As a trail patrol volunteer, it seems I always leave a hike or bike ride with someone else's trash. Most recently, the sole of a shoe. That's right, just the rubbe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Garbage Wars!
March 26, 12:55pm

Re: Re: My point ...
"There are big bucks to be made with this technology. Explain or duplicate this and the world will beat a path to your door." -Greg Easy, there is a difference between something split...

In GEAR » It happened...the dreaded flat pad at 2AM (Exped SynMat UL7)
March 26, 10:31am

Re: lightweight eyeglasses case?
Why not just take an extra pair of contacts? That's what I've been doing, but I haven't had a need to use them yet. Knock on wood...

In GEAR » lightweight eyeglasses case?
March 24, 9:14pm

Re: Your firestarter of choice?
I'm assuming this is for starting wood fires? Do none of you have resinous trees where you hike? Maybe I'm spoiled in California, but all I take is a mini bic. Pine needles and cones mak...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your firestarter of choice?
March 24, 10:56am

Re: Lighter and (in my opinion) better
Sorry Ty Ty, but I have to disagree with your conclusion about knives. The lack of knife handling skills is the problem, not the large knife. You can still cut yourself up just as bad with a litt...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter and (in my opinion) better
March 24, 9:43am

Re: Woman's backpack
What Dale said. DO THAT! Try on a few men's packs too. Hell, try on every pack, with weight in it, that the store has. You wouldn't buy the first pair of shoes your try on would you?

In GEAR » Woman's backpack
March 24, 9:33am

Re: HexaDome
Seriously Joe?! More options?! I too would like to see this in production. Seems like this would be the lightest freestanding option out there? Would be interesting to get some user reports compa...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexadome prototype
March 22, 10:56am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.