Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Scott S (sschloss1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me Scott S has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Scott S

Showing 191 - 200 of 479 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...48

Forum » Thread

re: @Barry
Barry, check the link in my last post. Those guys compared about a dozen different measures of running performance in barefoot and sock-clad runners and found no difference.

In GEAR » new study on running shoes
March 22, 1:39pm

@Barry
Do you really think that running in a thin sock versus barefoot affects your gait or foot strike on a flat treadmill? Come on. Also, the point of the weights were to have the runners' legs ...

In GEAR » new study on running shoes
March 22, 12:25pm

Dig instead of carrying extra weight
Instead of bringing extra padding, do a bit of digging to contour the ground under you to your shape. I got this from Edward Abbey: scoop two shallow trenches out of the soil perpendicular to the ...

In GEAR » Closed cell foam for side sleepers
March 20, 11:27am

Baking soda
Baking soda absorbs odors from plastic containers. Try adding a few spoonfuls of baking soda and then fill the bottle with water and shake. Let it sit a few hours and then rinse it out. Repeat i...

In GEAR » 32oz Snapple Iced Tea Bottle
March 19, 5:48am

Still looking for a Haven
Saturday bump. Anyone?

In Gear Swap » WTB: Six Moon Designs Haven
March 17, 6:51am

WTB: Six Moon Designs Haven
I'm interesting in buying a Six Moon Designs Haven. I might be interested in the Haven Net Tent, too, if someone has both. I'd prefer the newer version of the Haven, which does not have...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Six Moon Designs Haven
March 15, 7:50pm

Beware the plantain color
It's bright. Really bright. http://bit.ly/zj09tB

In Gear Deals » Nano Puff Pullovers - $70
March 15, 3:26pm

Nylon?
If I'm going to be out in the hot sun, I like long-sleeved nylon shirts. They provide better sun and bug protection than poly or wool t-shirts, and nylon shirts are usually loose-fitting so ai...

In GEAR » Longsleeve baselayer for hot, summertime use?
March 15, 8:50am

Re: Matt
The women were in the study were all nurses. The men were all "health professionals"(dentists, veterinarians, pharmacists, optometrists, osteopathic physicians, and podiatrists).

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 12:20pm

They controlled for that stuff
They controlled for smoking, obsesity, etc. Read the whole paper before commenting, please.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 10:48am

All Reader Reviews by Scott S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Design FS exodus
I used an Exodus FS for my 5-month CDT thru-hike. The pack was, by far, my least favorite piece of gear. What I didn't like: - The pack squeaked loudly and persistently, with almost every ste...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
December 23, 5:07pm