BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 191 - 200 of 1319 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...132

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: not a bad start for voting
What is the actual benefit to having concrete weight categories?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 02, 10:49am

Re: khufu
Are the trekking poles robust enough for skiing? I currently own BD Trails b/c I don't want the clutter of summer and winter poles. The CP3 flicklocks would save quite a bit of weight, but unle...

In GEAR » Locus Gear
January 02, 10:46am

Re: Re: Re: NM packraft
This was a great writeup. Thanks for shraing!

In Post-Trip Reports » Attempted packraft circumnav of Valles Caldera, NM
January 01, 7:51pm

Re: Mark, I think I still have a crush on you...
Several universities have begun to explore crowdfunding research: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=university+crowdfunding+research I'll bite my tongue on what I think that says about the state of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
December 31, 7:22am

Re: Earth Runner Sandals vs Exodus Sandals
I was a beta tester in the first production run of Exodus sandals. The only thing I've written I've dared call a review: here.

In GEAR » Earth Runner Sandals vs Exodus Sandals
December 30, 8:40am

Re: Interesting article
Good article.

In Chaff » the non-aggression principle
December 29, 6:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Jock itch and wool boxer briefs..
Yeast are fungi.

In GEAR » Jock itch and wool boxer briefs..
December 29, 8:31am

Re: NPR story
Are we posting fun physics things now? I read this today: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/12/amplituhedron-jewel-quantum-physics/all/ :)

In Chaff » Woo woo time, Galactic Core explosions, Solar excitement, and Dr. Paul LaViolette
December 27, 9:06pm

Re: thanks
So it seems the breathability claims are much overstated. Shame, this was on my shortlist. By the time I get around to purchasing a new rain jacket, though, they'll probably be on 3rd gen fabric.

In GEAR » Lab Test - Zpacks Waterproof Breathable Event Fabric
December 27, 1:10pm

Re: Rankine?
Rankine is always the red-headed stepchild.

In On the Web » Units of temperature, a more useful relative scale
December 19, 2:55pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.