BPL Community Profile

Joe Kuster (slacklinejoe) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Flatirons
About Me I'm the president of Slackline Express. We make slacklines (think of it as a backyard tight rope) but also manage an outsourced sewing shop for lightweight backpacking gear designers. We do industrial sewing, cutting, and assembly here in Colorado.
CityLongmont
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.slacklineexpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Kuster

Showing 191 - 200 of 361 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...37

Forum » Thread

PFAFF 330, Breaking needles
You probably know most of the below but I'll just throw it out there for anyone else who might have the same problems. Regarding using heavy threads in machines not really built for it, the ...

In Make Your Own Gear » PFAFF 330, Breaking needles ?
January 11, 10:37am

It sounds like when the thread bunched up it started pushing or pulling the needle to one side and it was probably hitting the needle throat plate (the hole it drops through) when it started making...

January 11, 10:30am

PFAFF 330, Breaking needles ?
Mike: What are your specific sewing needs? What type of fabric and thread were you working with when it quit? Thick stuff such as denim or canvas or really thick threads are a common culprit and ce...

January 11, 12:07am

Tad: Sure, but I don't think there'll be a shortage. I'll start a seperate thread in the gear swap area in a day or two. It'll take a bit before I can get photos and test them all o...

January 11, 12:02am

I'll start pilfering around my machines and find which ones would work out of the box. I should have around 7 or 8 that need a tune up and should work fine. I'll look them over and figure o...

January 10, 3:10pm

On top of the suggestions by the others, are you 100% sure that you are using the correct needle and that it is placed as deep as it needs to be? The grooved side of the needle goes to the side wit...

January 10, 2:41pm

5 great compacts.No excuses
Michael - I've got the D60 kit with the VR 18-55 + 55-200mm lenses. It's an amazing camera and is a perfect entry level SLR in my opinion. I've had dozens of photos published from it al...

In Photography » 5 great compacts.No excuses
January 07, 6:19pm

5 great compacts.No excuses
For many of the compacts filters are easily obtainable. I know the powershot series for Cannons have quite the aftermarket options. I've got an adapter that lets me us polarizing filters, adapt...

In Photography » 5 great compacts.No excuses
January 07, 6:12pm

SOLID FUEL TABLETS QUESTIONS
There are several types of solid fuel tablets but to answer the questions, they wouldn't be healthy to ingest, nor are their flames "clean" burning enough to recommend using as direct...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » SOLID FUEL TABLETS QUESTIONS
December 20, 11:29pm

Giardia Vaccine
We've had them for dogs for a while now. I'm suprised it's taken this long.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Giardia Vaccine
December 16, 4:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Joe Kuster

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Garmin Oregon 400T
Note: This review reflects using Beta Firmware v. 2.86 released Feb 4, 2009. My wife bought me the 400T as a birthday present. Now that I've had time to use it in the field tramping around Roc...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 14, 2:55pm

PossumDown Glove Liner Gloves
I tried my best to like these gloves but even treated with the utmost caution my pair only lasted 1 trip before starting to show significant wear. By the end of the second trip, I had holes in both g...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 29, 1:08am

GlobalStar SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker
I have to wonder if some of the units out there are possibly defective judging from other reviews. I've had mine since they first came out and I have apparently had a radically different exper...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 17, 10:23pm

Mountain House Beef Stew
Actually, it just goes to show different tastes for different folks. After a heavy exertion day the Mountain House stew is usually one of my favorites. I have only noticed it being a bit salty wheneve...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
January 24, 10:13am

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
I've used one on six trips so far. It is definately a discussion piece and it's incredibly light weight. It took a little trial and error with it to find my comfort range, which is about half ...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 07, 1:05pm

MiniBull Designs Atomic (with stand)
This is one of the first commercial alcohol stoves I've worked with. It does exactly what it says it should and it does work fairly well. It does have a higher capacity for longer burn time, it do...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 22, 9:08am

Evernew Nonstick Titanium 0.9 L Pot
It's non-stick titanium, how cool is that. The reality is that it does live up to most of the hype and it is a solid performer. It has a wide base and is very efficent. It is about the perfect volume ...

In Cookware - Titanium
November 22, 8:43am

Marmot Atom
At 16oz this is an excellent option for warm weather 3 season backpacking. The compressibility of this bag is phenomonal. It is unusual to find a summer oriented bag with a full hood & draft collar, m...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 22, 8:36am

Marmot Atom Mens Regular 40 Degree
Please Delete, put in wrong category

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 22, 8:33am

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
As always, it depends on your need. If you find other stoves finicky and would like a complete cooking system that just "works", it's possible you'll like the JB. For trips where ...

In Stoves - Canister
October 04, 8:21pm