BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 191 - 200 of 266 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Manix 2 Lightweight
I've got one of these and I absolutely love it. This is my usual backpacking knife. The blade is big enough for anything you might normally need, and then some, and the locking mechanism is as ...

In GEAR » What do you think of Manix Lightweight knife?
July 10, 3:49pm

Platypus
We have used the Platypus to good effect. The way they have the system setup it is nice and extremely convenient to use. Probably the most enjoyable filter setup I have used. I have rigged up a ...

In GEAR » Advice for a large group gravity water filter
July 03, 2:11pm

go for it
In that case, you should go for it if you still desire it. For general, non-backpacking/climbing/alpine-day use I strongly prefer my waterproof/insulated jacket over some other combination of j...

In GEAR » Crux down jackets with event shell
June 27, 9:58pm

terrible for DWR
Not a good idea. Permethrin will not harm the fabric at all (it will eventually wash or wear out) but it will disrupt the DWR coating that we prize so much on our WP/BR gear. Since waterproof/breat...

In GEAR » Permethrin damaging or effecting the performance of breathable fabrics?
June 27, 9:53pm

fast draw camera
Bob, what do you use for quick access to your camera? I hate having mine bounce around off my neck when I hike and I always miss out on great shots when it is stashed.

In GEAR » Function over Weight: Impressing Max Dilthey
June 27, 9:49pm

clothing dryer
After awhile in storage it's always nice to take your down items and put them in the dryer for a few minutes. That'll loft them up well. As mentioned above the down barbs stick to each othe...

In GEAR » Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Q-Shield hydrophobic down and loft
June 27, 2:14pm

katadyn
Katadyn recommends flushing the system with a bleach-water mixture after trips if you are not planning on using it again soon. I don't know whether or not soaking the system in bleach overn...

In GEAR » Will Bleach Hurt A Katadyn Hiker Filter?
June 26, 4:11pm

Re: Re: don't like this combo
Stephen, I don't doubt that the Crux Lava and other pieces are great. I love gear and have (too many) pieces of awesome, specialized gear in my garage. I have a waterproof insulated jacket ...

June 26, 3:56pm

don't like this combo
I'm personally not really into the mix of insulation + waterproof shell for the backcountry, especially if you are trying to go light. It's a fantastic sort of jacket for single day-only us...

June 26, 2:25pm

in stock now
Heads up to those who can't wait for the Cap4 Hoody: it is back in stock for the Fall '13 season at $120 at Patagonia.com. Right now you have to call or Live Chat a salesperson to get it si...

In GEAR » Patagonia Capilene 4 Hoody
June 17, 7:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.