BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale .
About Me .
City.
State.
Country.
My PDF Gear List.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 191 - 200 of 2475 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...248

Forum » Thread

FS: Shelters - GoLite and Zpacks
GoLite Shangri-La 1 Tent (outer, inner, stakes) - used on a couple of trips. Asking $100 shipped. - SOLD Zpacks Hexamid Solo Plus Tent with beak and 2P groundsheet - used on a couple of t...

In Gear Swap » FS: Shelters - GoLite and Zpacks
July 04, 11:58am

Re: DX-40 Availability
You might be able to convince Javan Dempsey to sell you some. We went together and bought 10 yards a while back and most of it is sitting at his place. The HMG bottom is more D shaped than recta...

In Make Your Own Gear » The Black and White pack
July 03, 4:35pm

Re: BackSliding
The pursuit of going lighter should not come at the cost of being comfortable, so I wouldn't say you're backsliding at all. In fact, the ultimate goal of going lighter is to increase comfor...

In GEAR » BackSliding
June 27, 7:14am

Re: Hiking with a Pet.. Where in NC/TN?
Anywhere on the AT (down here) outside of the Smokies is fine as are most other areas. You could easily make a more leisurely (it's 30-35 miles) 3 day trip out of the Art Loeb trail but you'...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hiking with a Pet.. Where in NC/TN?
June 22, 2:00pm

Re: Ask an expert
I can't speak to general copyright but a quick google search indicated there wasn't any precedent set yet and most copyright lawyers don't agree who owns what. With that said, when y...

In Chaff » Ask an expert
June 22, 1:33pm

Re: Handled well
That wouldn't work here. Our bears climb trees. He shouldn't have been alone and he should've had bear spray. Otherwise, he was quite lucky.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » hiker mauled by bear, climbs tree, calls 911
June 14, 1:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GTX Runners?
IIRC I got them the same size as I usually get correct fitting footwear in (10). FWIW though, if you measure my foot out I'm more like a 9-9.5.

In GEAR » Trail runners in snow at RMNP next week?
June 13, 3:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GTX Runners?
Ah. Actually, it doesn't really and I'm not enough of a science geek to be able to explain or care why. It could be because of the layer separation (maybe something to do with air flow?). W...

June 13, 1:31pm

Re: Re: Re: GTX Runners?
Doesn't your foot sweat inside the gortex sock though? Sure. But then I've hiked in snow with only a mesh shoe and thin wool sock and had my feet sweat. When I'm active, I sweat. I c...

June 13, 11:57am

Re: GTX Runners?
With a Goretex shoe, when water gets in they stop being breathable and are extremely difficult to get dry. With a breathable shoe and goretex sock water is free to enter and exit the shoe but your ...

June 13, 9:05am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.