BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 191 - 200 of 2471 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...248

Forum » Thread

Re: Ask an expert
I can't speak to general copyright but a quick google search indicated there wasn't any precedent set yet and most copyright lawyers don't agree who owns what. With that said, when y...

In Chaff » Ask an expert
June 22, 1:33pm

Re: Handled well
That wouldn't work here. Our bears climb trees. He shouldn't have been alone and he should've had bear spray. Otherwise, he was quite lucky.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » hiker mauled by bear, climbs tree, calls 911
June 14, 1:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GTX Runners?
IIRC I got them the same size as I usually get correct fitting footwear in (10). FWIW though, if you measure my foot out I'm more like a 9-9.5.

In GEAR » Trail runners in snow at RMNP next week?
June 13, 3:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GTX Runners?
Ah. Actually, it doesn't really and I'm not enough of a science geek to be able to explain or care why. It could be because of the layer separation (maybe something to do with air flow?). W...

June 13, 1:31pm

Re: Re: Re: GTX Runners?
Doesn't your foot sweat inside the gortex sock though? Sure. But then I've hiked in snow with only a mesh shoe and thin wool sock and had my feet sweat. When I'm active, I sweat. I c...

June 13, 11:57am

Re: GTX Runners?
With a Goretex shoe, when water gets in they stop being breathable and are extremely difficult to get dry. With a breathable shoe and goretex sock water is free to enter and exit the shoe but your ...

June 13, 9:05am

Re: Trail runners in snow at RMNP next week?
I've used trail runners and even road running shoes in snow and with snow shoes. I'd suggest a goretex sock or something like the NRS Hydroskin sock in combo with your shoes. Boots are most...

June 13, 8:18am

Re: Re: Camp Shoes
But if your shoes are soaking wet and you don't want to get your sleeping socks wet... 1) sleeping sock goes on 2) a bread bag, goretex, or VBL sock goes on over that 3) the shoes go back ...

In Gear Lists » Appalachian Trail 3 Season Gear List
June 08, 7:18pm

Re: Appalachian Trail 3 Season Gear List
Is this for a thru or just general use? The easiest swap I see for real savings without sacrifice would be to use repackaged AquaMira for water treatment. That would save about 8 oz. Gravity fil...

In Gear Lists » Appalachian Trail 3 Season Gear List
June 03, 6:11am

FS: Nikon D7000 Kit
SOLD

In Gear Swap » FS: Nikon D7000 Kit
June 01, 9:09am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.