BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 191 - 200 of 297 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Merrell Glove
I tried on a pair of the Merrell Gloves today. VERY NICE! Store clerk kept telling about all of the uses for these new "water shoes", none of which were hiking.

In GEAR » Merrell Glove
April 05, 3:01pm

Think carefully before joining THIS group!
"About Backpacking Light Backpacking Light is the world's most passionate membership-based community of people who like to travel with a light pack through the wilderness and beyond. If ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weight saving techniques
April 04, 10:59pm

Windshirts and sun hats!
Daniel, Would you give me some info on how the CAMP Anorak fits, size-wise and length-wise? They have a Runners' Jacket with longer sleeves and thumb loops that has caught my eye but it has n...

In GEAR » Windshirts and sun hats!
April 02, 9:39am

Map printed on shirt?
Dharma Trading Company sells raw silk. A silk bandana or scarf would be very nice, lightweight too.

In Multiple Use Gear » Map printed on shirt?
April 02, 9:06am

My final metric (April 1st) rant
In 1968, someone asked my Shop Class teacher why don't we just switch over to the metric system now? His reply was that it would be too expensive to change everything but the change should have...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
April 01, 9:21am

Skurka bobblehead, send notification, please!
Good thing that it's out of stock. This will give me some time to find where I put my new BPL VISA card and get it activated! Hey Sam, as the BPL Soumelier what do you think... will adding a Me...

In Chaff » Skurka bobblehead
April 01, 8:21am

O.K. Mr. Smarty Pants...
I'll convert everything in my life to metric if I can get one of these... imagine how much lighter the day will be, even to the point of being sub-SUL, if we all carry around 20 hours instead o...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
April 01, 7:50am

Canovaccio: Natural, Sustainable Pack Fabrics
If this will be constructed of coarse linen cloth based on based medieval model, perhaps you should name the pack "The Sumpter" and give Sam H. the title of "Soumelier" (which r...

In Editor's Roundtable » Canovaccio: Natural, Sustainable Pack Fabrics
April 01, 7:17am

Lightweight backpacking should go metric!
I used to open the microsoft calculator to use for conversions while gear shopping and reading BPL. Got tired of that so I had a "sticky note" over on the side of the screen with a few si...

March 31, 11:07am

Around town insulation piece
Melenzana micro grid hoodie. Too comfy & warm to care what anyone would think about an old guy wearing a hoodie around town.

In GEAR » Around town insulation piece
March 25, 7:41am

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.