Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 191 - 200 of 315 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...32

Forum » Thread

just my opinion too but
Kevin, you are so spot on! +1 from me.

In GEAR » Designing a couple of Bivy sacks
June 05, 6:46am

Re: Re: Land Use
I drove out to Wyoming last weekend to spend some time in the Thunder Basin Grasslands - heaven on earth! At one point in Nebraska I could see one of the a coal train from WY passing next to a NE c...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
June 05, 6:38am

The North Face Verto 26 pack?
Actually, not about a Verto pack, but really now D. Johnson! All that you have to do is sew together a couple of baby slings/carriers and you can be out on the trail with the family 2X per week for...

In GEAR » The North Face Verto 26 pack?
May 26, 10:30pm

Floorless Shelters and Creepie Crawlies
I used to worry about it but got tired of the weight of a tent and of losing sleep worrying about snakes, spiders, etc. Got really lucky last weekend and woke up surrounded by toads - who needs bug...

In GEAR » Floorless Shelters and Creepie Crawlies
May 24, 10:47am

Help with Female Leader Uniform
Try www.scoutstuff.org/ and call them if you have any questions. Remember to always pitch your tent both uphill and upwind of the troop. Have fun!

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Help with Female Leader Uniform
May 19, 10:09pm

if you had a summer to live anywhere in the USA...
I'd go back to Montana, Bozeman area, with a reliable car. Lots of great places to go but many miles between them.

In Chaff » if you had a summer to live anywhere in the USA...
May 17, 11:21pm

I just ate....
a toasted english muffin with peach jam and real butter, right before bedtime! I WAS thinking that I shoudn't have done it, but I'm not worried anymore. Thanks Doug! G'night!

In Chaff » I just ate.....
May 17, 10:50pm

Patterning
Stuff the jacket sleeves & shoulder area up with fiber-fill and roll tracing paper around it. Trace a rough outline onto the paper, cut it out and compare back to the sleeve. When you get a &qu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Patterning an Existing Windshirt
May 15, 11:24am

Bison gloves
Hey Matty! "What's the texture of those bison gloves like? Itchy? I'm interested in a pair. Also, any idea of their weight?" Gloves are way soft, airy but warm. I'd ca...

In GEAR » What is the lowest expected temp that you would leave gloves at home for?
May 14, 8:28am

Another neo air cultist
Back, side, stomach sleeping is so easy with a 25" wide neo air. I move around while asleep and have yet to either wake up during the night or roll off my neo air. The best neo air feature by ...

In GEAR » Airmat width. Best width for back sleepers? side sleepers?
May 12, 11:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.