BPL Community Profile

Steofan The Apostate (simaulius) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bohemian Alps
About Me Running in the hills north of Lincoln NE, where, in the words of Ted Koosier, the glaciers kicked the mud and rocks off of their galoshes before stomping back to Canada.
Running 3-6 miles every day. Counting down to Colorado trip in June, YNP in July. Walking out to short overnights, driving out when I get the rare two days-off in a row.
StateNebraska

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steofan The Apostate

Showing 191 - 200 of 305 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

Bison gloves -- gotta have a pair!
The webstore is called yellowstonetraders.com - sorry but I couldn't get the link to work. Let me warn you now: order two pair. Had to buy my gf a pair so that I could get mine back!!

In GEAR » What is the lowest expected temp that you would leave gloves at home for?
May 12, 8:12pm

Leave gloves at home?
Never. I always carry a pair of 90% bison/10% nylon gloves. The pair weigh in at 58 grams and they shed snow, stay warm when wet and they even work great as pot holders. I guess that makes me one m...

In GEAR » What is the lowest expected temp that you would leave gloves at home for?
May 12, 1:34pm

Sleeping Pad for Summer Hiking/Camping in Yellowstone
Yup, go with options 1 & 3. The ground is always cool and snowstorms are always possible except in August. Bugs can be a huge problem unless you are up around Mammoth & Gardiner. Go lig...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad for Summer Hiking/Camping in Yellowstone
May 10, 8:57am

What is your favorite color?
The only really colorful items in my pack (a green & black ULA CDT) are a "cementine" orange windbreaker because there are too many hunters around these parts to wear anything else, a...

In Make Your Own Gear » What is your favorite color?
May 10, 8:15am

No Sleeping Bag
I've used a WalMart/Ozark Trails zippered fleece bag instead of a quilt or mummy bag. Try a silk bag liner or the MLD MD-90 bag liner, these should take you down to 6o degrees if you wear your ...

In GEAR » No Sleeping Bag
May 01, 3:32pm

Map printed on shirt?
Try PolyArt synthetic paper. It's the rip-proof plastic stuff used for the waterproof USFS maps.

In Multiple Use Gear » Map printed on shirt?
April 25, 2:24pm

Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
Like Nick, I like to leave the camera at home. That leaves me plenty of time for: I.D.ing trees and plants, bird watching, cloud/weather watching, rock hounding, checking out local geology and his...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking alone - how to amuse yourself?
April 05, 10:42pm

Merrell Glove
I went back tonight and bought a pair. My feet are 10 1/2 D in dress shoes, 10.5 or 44 in trail runners, 43 in VFF Sprints and 11 in the Merrell Trail Gloves. I always start out with thin socks in...

In GEAR » Merrell Glove
April 05, 9:58pm

Merrell Glove
I tried on a pair of the Merrell Gloves today. VERY NICE! Store clerk kept telling about all of the uses for these new "water shoes", none of which were hiking.

In GEAR » Merrell Glove
April 05, 3:01pm

Think carefully before joining THIS group!
"About Backpacking Light Backpacking Light is the world's most passionate membership-based community of people who like to travel with a light pack through the wilderness and beyond. If ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Weight saving techniques
April 04, 10:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Steofan The Apostate

Steofan The Apostate has posted no reviews.