BPL Community Profile

Serge G. (sgiachetti) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Boulder, CO
About Me I started backpacking as a teenager in southern appalachia. My summers in college were spent in mountain heaven, glacier national park. Since then, I've lived and played in the high sierras, the cascades, and now the colorado front range. Walking in the mountains with a light pack never seems to lose its charm. I recently picked up a bad habit called climbing.
CityBoulder
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://sergegiachetti.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Serge G.

Showing 191 - 200 of 616 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...62

Forum » Thread

tried it
I ordered one to try on, and as i feared it was a little too short (I'm 6'2"). Other than that, the vest straps and compression system make a great fastpacking design. I'd probably...

In GEAR » Summit Rocket 20 Vest Pack
May 16, 1:07am

air light
haha... yeah, its about a minimalist as it gets. Funny, I actually owned this jacket for a short time and lost it. I'm pretty sure it flew out of my car at a windy trailhead because it literal...

In Gear Swap » wtb: MB ex light vest (or other sub 4oz, size L)
May 15, 12:29am

bump
bump

May 14, 11:29pm

Wikipedia: SUL stands for singular user log-in. Shrug.
"seriously?" Fair enough :) I guess that speaks more to how obsessive I can be about packing, than to a real situation. It does come up when I'm going with someone less experience...

In Editor's Roundtable » The SUL Mindset
May 12, 12:46am

bump
specifically looking for an ex-light or black rock vest.

May 11, 6:33am

Earl Survival Tablet
http://www.meetearl.com/ I hope they get funding. Looks like a good sign of things to come.

In GEAR » Earl Survival Tablet
May 11, 2:36am

mindset
I'm surprised this has been so provocative for people. I don't think that it was Will or Ryan's intention to re-assert SUL as an important social category, but rather, as the article sa...

May 11, 12:57am

BD Ultra Distance Poles 100 and 130cm ($85)
http://www.sunnysports.com/Prod/BKDUD.html?&& I have these and they're my favorite light pole. Not sure what the difference is between these and the '13 model.

In Gear Deals » BD Ultra Distance Poles 100 and 130cm ($85)
May 10, 12:51am

rab meco
Rab Meco works quite well. Not quite as warm or stink proof as full merino, but it dries fast, is super thin and so far has been pretty durable (besides pilling).

In GEAR » Latest Thinking on Capilene 1 and 2 / Merino
May 09, 11:43pm

nice
Over the last couple years SUL has gotten increasingly poo-pood on this website from veteran hikers who would rather act manly and dirt bag. Fine, no problem. However, I don't think it ads much...

May 09, 12:58am

All Reader Reviews by Serge G.

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Customer Service
Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better custom...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 10, 3:44am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
I'm very impressed with this pack. I tried out a few packs for a planned AT thru hike (didn't pan out yet), and this was far and a away my favorite. With the stay and sitpad, the pack conforms...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:59am

Gossamer Gear Gorilla
edit: double post

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 28, 1:56am