BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 191 - 200 of 1288 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...129

Forum » Thread

Coconut pemmican and any other pemmican ideas?
After bringing homemade pemmican to the Winds, I started thinking of other kinds of pemmican I could make. I thought coconut pemmican might be good. I mixed melted tallow with a little coconut m...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Coconut pemmican and any other pemmican ideas?
August 05, 4:33pm

Re: Back Sleeping.
I'm a back sleeper. It hurts the middle of my back after a while, so then I sleep on the side and hurt my hips for a while. Back and forth through the night.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Back Sleeping.
August 05, 4:20pm

Re: Re: Re: German Chocolate Bars
I don't like chocolate with dates but those bars look really good and would probably work great without chocolate.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » German Chocolate Bars
August 02, 9:35pm

Re: My Paleo
This is an interesting presentation. Your cholesterol may not be a very reliable marker for health. https://vimeo.com/45485034

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
August 02, 9:31pm

Re: Jerky
I used this one. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread25940.html

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food on a hike in the Winds
July 28, 12:25pm

Re: Re: Should you walk or run through the rain?
How about bees? Should you walk or run through a swarm of bees? How about yellow jackets or those gray ground bees? Personally I run like hell but those yellow jackets still sting me every time.

In Philosophy & Technique » To stay as dry as possible, should you walk or run through the rain?
July 27, 8:56pm

Re: Locking Knees while Hiking, Is it practiced?
I will rest-step up a steep hill if I'm tired. Otherwise, I just walk like normal. It doesn't tire me much to just walk along normal.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Locking Knees while Hiking, Is it practiced?
July 27, 8:54pm

Re: Headed to the Winds.. Advice?
I just came back from the Winds. It was the most beautiful place I have ever been. I had no idea alcohol stoves were banned. I used one. It rained every day, too. Hard to believe it's dry. I ha...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Headed to the Winds.. Advice?
July 27, 8:52pm

Re: Best No Cook Trail Menu
I just came back from a hike with some CDT thru-hikers who were no-cook. They basically would rehydrate their meals a few hours in advance. They were able to rehydrated all kinds of mixtures of deh...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Best No Cook Trail Menu
July 27, 8:36pm

Food on a hike in the Winds
I backpacked the Winds from Big Sandy to Green River Lakes through the Cirque of the Towers and over Knapsack Col from July 20 to July 25. I joined a group of 4 CDT thru-hikers. I was able to keep ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food on a hike in the Winds
July 27, 8:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.