BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 191 - 200 of 1217 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...122

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: studies @ Harald
Native Finnish diet (the Sami people), not "Finnish cuisine". That's like the difference between Native American diet and "American cuisine".

In Philosophy & Technique » Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack?
March 03, 7:18pm

Re: Re: Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack
I appreciate that you are interested in all of this, Miguel. I'm curious about any experience you have had backpacking with paleo. Paleo isn't necessarily low carbohydrate. For lots of p...

March 03, 5:10pm

Re: Re: studies @ Harald
>>>They had thousands of years to adapt to a ketogenic diet and not much choice if they were going to live in the Arctic. I was referring to studies of our own population. <<< ...

March 03, 8:06am

Re: Re: Re: Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack
I know lots of you got it at the start. Someone was explaining my strategy better than me. I do eat less now. I'm not denying there are fewer calories. But I'm not starving all the time....

March 03, 7:28am

Re: Re: Re: Ketogenic diet as a way to lighten pack
"I do believe, as Nick and Piper have suggested, that living this way makes your body far more efficient. For backpacking that means less weight on your back, less consumption of fuel, and lon...

March 02, 8:17pm

Re: Re: Update
It's clear that the knee-jerk naysayers are not actually reading any of the research. Nor do they have any first-hand experience. It was my initial response to think eating this way is bad, too...

February 29, 1:44pm

Update
Here's another good link to explain the safety and naturalness of ketosis. Take note of this: "If you’re starving, glucose comes mainly from one place, and that is from the body’s pro...

February 28, 9:06pm

Re: Re: The Voice
I like good food and clean skin as much as anybody. But no Voice ever told me while I was out on the trail to go back to work. Go back go family, go back to my jam session, go back to Santa Barbara...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post Thru-Hike - What Was Your Re-entry Experience Like?
February 28, 12:37pm

Re: i was cold...
Soup and tea. Keep it coming. Go to bed at 6:30 after a big fat bomb of a meal. And shelters are never as warm as you hope they are.

In Philosophy & Technique » i was cold...
February 27, 6:59pm

the Voice
I was able to follow a Voice that said to start my big hiking adventures. But I never heard one tell me to end my adventures. I've gone back to mundane life because you are "supposed to.&q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post Thru-Hike - What Was Your Re-entry Experience Like?
February 27, 6:53pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.