BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 191 - 200 of 1273 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...128

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Possibly Yummy!
I find the same thing is true for me, too. That the real food higher in protein and especially fats plus having a body adapted to using fat for energy reduces my need for frequent and voluminous fo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Reasonable Weight Target PPPPD for Low-Carb?
June 04, 10:28am

Re: Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
I've thought about using the caddy for eating but I always just eat out of my pot. I really wish I could just fit the whole deal inside my pot. That would take up a lot less space. But alas, no...

In Philosophy & Technique » Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
June 04, 10:21am

Limited lifespan for silnylon?
Is the lifespan for silnylon limited? I am wondering if perhaps my rain chaps no longer are waterproof (actually I kind of wonder if they ever really were waterproof, but I digress.) I'm curiou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Limited lifespan for silnylon?
June 04, 10:03am

Re: Re: Re: Mini Air Horn
I got a cheap party vuvuzela as a prize once. Weighs about an ounce and is louder than loud. A definite possibility. As for worrying about bears, get a bear canister if you are that worried. Min...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bears bears bears
June 04, 9:58am

Re: Lighter and (in my opinion) better
I realize this topic has devolved into a discussion about knives, but recently I switched to Gossamer Gear Lightrek 3 poles. These are not adjustable. I think this is better. I bought them at the s...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter and (in my opinion) better
June 02, 8:23pm

Re: Re: Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
I have the aluminum one in case anyone else has a suggestion. A bag might work if I can find something longer for my alcohol.

June 02, 8:19pm

Re: Re: Distance : miles or time ?
Well, if someone asks me, there really isn't a right answer. I've found that with many people, if you tell them how far someplace is in real distances, they actually have no idea how far it...

In Philosophy & Technique » Distance : miles or time ?
June 02, 8:16pm

Any way to lighten the way I carry my caldera cone?
I have a caldera cone and an MSR Titanium pot. The cone comes in a plastic container that screws together and holds the pepsi can stove, the cone, and I can fit my alcohol and some matches in there...

June 02, 8:05pm

Re: Reasonable Weight Target PPPPD for Low-Carb?
My food list for my most recent 3 night (4 day) backpack trip: Breakfast: US Wellness Pemmican Starbucks Via with unsweetened cocoa powder Lunch (admittedly not that low carb): 3 large dat...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Reasonable Weight Target PPPPD for Low-Carb?
June 02, 7:56pm

Re: MYOG Camp shoe
Actually, those might be really good camp shoes for hanging around and keeping mosquitoes from biting your feet. I guess it would depend on how loosely the mesh wraps around your feet.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Camp shoe
June 01, 1:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.