BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 191 - 200 of 1361 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...137

Forum » Thread

JMT in a Week
Guys, that is very impressive. How about gear lists from you two?

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT in a Week
August 27, 1:33pm

There's no basement in the Alamo
I grew up in Arkansas on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border. There are two National Scenic Trails running roughly east-west in the NE part of the state. The Ouachita National Recreation Trail: http:/...

In Pre-Trip Planning » texas
August 27, 12:01pm

Family Friendly BPL Outing this Labor Day Weekend
Wish I lived in the Bay area, it sounds like a great trip! Have fun!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Family Friendly BPL Outing this Labor Day Weekend -
August 27, 11:48am

Into the Wild
Yikes. http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/us/into-the-wild-missing-teen/index.html?hpt=hp_t2 Near the bottom of this story is a link to yet another story about a missing Oklahoma kid who went miss...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the Wild
August 26, 10:58pm

Pennsylvania Teacher Missing Near Mammoth Lakes
Sad story. I don't remember anything posted about this, but with so many BPL'ers in and out of the Mammoth Lakes area, I thought it should be posted. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pennsylvania Teacher Missing Near Mammoth Lakes
August 25, 10:40pm

Re: Sea to Summit Nano and Mid
Richard, Thanks! It was your posting that lead me to try this option; I have the net already but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Maybe tomorrow in the back yard!

In GEAR » Sea To Summit Nano 1 bug shelter in an MLD Duomid
August 25, 10:34pm

Sea To Summit Nano 1 bug shelter in a MLD Duomid
Robert, I also just bought the Nano to go under a Khufu Sil. The Nano is around 2.5 - 3 oz, so it's definitely worth making sure you have the Nano version. Also, for both the single nano (w...

In GEAR » Sea To Summit Nano 1 bug shelter in an MLD Duomid
August 25, 9:29pm

Into the Wild
Oh, I don't celebrate him. Just an . . . interesting story. I can read about Captain Ahab, too, and think about that character but not celebrate him.

August 25, 12:11pm

re: Into the Wild
Jeffrey, great comments about the book and movie. I found the book fascinating because it was a mystery: Krakauer knew the end and worked back, wondering how someone like McCandless got to that end...

August 25, 11:46am

re: Car Stolen
That's horrible. Sorry to hear about that.

In Gear Swap » Car Stolen. Selling gear to get me another beater commuter. Some UL, Some not.
August 23, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.