Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 191 - 200 of 916 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: No tarp?
Yeah, you could go with just a bivy, no problem. There are a few eVENT bivies made by integral designs at around 18oz, but I dont think they have bug netting, but do have the best breathability ...

In Gear Lists » No tarp?
June 09, 1:55pm

Re: Re: Re: sunny
I love to hear stories of people doubting lightweight gear. (I have heard so many.) My solution to anything like that is to say, It works for me and the guy who hiked across the continent, And I al...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Solo or No Go
June 08, 2:15pm

Re: leaking
Could one OP sack be used multiple times for cooking a boil in a bag meal, Or do they leak or get worn out if used more than a few times

In GEAR » OP sacks on close-out.
June 08, 11:57am

Tahoe-Yosemite trail Foodlist
I have always had a problem with carrying too much, and too heavy food, but for this trip I planned it, So I think I have a good list of food Cal. Oz. Breakfast 240 02.40 Cliff Bar or power bar ...

In Gear Lists » Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
June 07, 5:47pm

Re: Re: Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
Thanks Ben T, I was thinking about changing the rain pants to wind pants, but I think not taking them at all would be fine. I am planning on 10 days just in case, but hope to complete in 9. A...

June 07, 12:12pm

Re: Re: Buddy bear vs. lined loose Ursack
Yeah, I thought the same thing, it is only in yosemite you cant anchor it to a tree. I think, I have decided to bring the ursack with liner. sure the liner adds 14oz, but for peace of mind, ...

June 06, 2:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
Thanks Ken I knew in yosemite you could not tie it to a tree, and I plan on using an OP liner. I do plan on tying it outside of yosemite though. and I am still debating whether or not to bring the ...

June 05, 5:38pm

Re: Recent article on lightweight shoes
R K, how do you think the gaiter works compared to others on your nike orizaba thanks

In GEAR » Recent article on lightweight shoes
June 05, 5:11pm

Re: Double Wall SS Woodgas Stove?
or a DIY stove? We need details :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Kelly Kettle - Great stove idea
June 05, 4:55pm

Re: Re: Tahoe-Yosemite trail gearlist
Thanks Thomas, for the info. If temps will only be down to 30, I may not need the cocoon, instead mabey a vest. Thanks for all the bear information, I am glad I posted. I think I will get a ursa...

June 04, 5:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm