BPL Community Profile

Ryan Linn (ryan.c.linn) - BPL Guest

My Locale Maine!
About Me I've worked for the Appalachian Mountain Club and Green Mountain Club for several seasons. I led a trail crew in Vermont for the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps near Stratton Mountain. I hope to continue working on or near hiking trails, although the seasonal work thing is hard to sustain over the long run. We'll see how that goes...

AT 2007, New England Trail 2009, PCT 2010. CDT...?
My Website URLhttp://guthook.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Linn

Showing 191 - 200 of 510 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Hip belt
All it takes is a call to Granite Gear and a whopping $8 if I recall correctly to switch out hip belts... And maybe a couple weeks of waiting.

In Gear Swap » FS: GG Vapor Trail
April 23, 10:22am

FS: GG Vapor Trail
**Updated: Sold a few days ago** I got this pack barely used from here about a year ago, used it for one day, then fell in love with a ULA pack. The Vapor Trail has only about 5 days of use on i...

In Gear Swap » FS: GG Vapor Trail
April 23, 6:35am

Re: Re: Railriders Bone Flats pants vs. BPL Thorofares-- first impressions
Nick, that's good to hear. The Bone Flats don't have the zipper to hide the mesh, but I tend to overheat no matter what when I'm wearing pants, so I'm happy that the RR pants will b...

In GEAR » Railriders Bone Flats pants vs. BPL Thorofares-- first impressions
April 20, 10:30am

Re: Thanks
Oh yeah. The mesh is definitely the same as on the shirts (I have an Adventure shirt as well... the fabric of the Bone Flats pants is much softer than the shirt, although this might be because the ...

April 20, 9:29am

Railriders Bone Flats pants vs. BPL Thorofares-- first impressions
I just got my new pair of Bone Flats pants in the mail yesterday, and I thought I'd share my impressions. I needed to replace my BPL Thorofare pants which, after glissading too much last year i...

April 20, 6:31am

Re: Storm mode setup
That is an incredibly sexy tent. I want one. Too bad I've already used up my summer's gear-allowance. Thanks for the pictures, though. Maybe in a few years I'll take the plunge and get ...

In GEAR » Cricket has arrived
April 19, 7:21pm

Delightful!
Balls, I don't think I ever met Sunshine, but I remember her register entry at the Hat Creek Rim water cache was one of my favorite things on the entire trail last summer. Congratulations on yo...

In Editor's Roundtable » Eleven Years Old on the PCT
April 13, 5:45am

Re: Black Flies - North East - Where is there NOT a blackfly problem in May?
Maybe I'm crazy, but I've never had the blackflies be so bad in May that they've ruined a trip for me. They're annoying, but nothing that can't be combated relatively easily. I&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black Flies - North East - Where is there NOT a blackfly problem in May?
April 12, 3:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Sarah's recipe for Cranberry Macadamia Cereal Bars
"They stayed good and crunchy for a month or two, and then the crunch got a little soft. But, that's OK. I didn't finish them for three months or so." That sounds really great ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sarah's recipe for Cranberry Macadamia Cereal Bars
April 11, 4:23am

Re: Re: Re: Sarah's recipe for Cranberry Macadamia Cereal Bars
"Around here they never last long enough" <- Not Helpful :-P Long storage life is good for sending mail drops to myself on long trails. Otherwise, short storage life is fine.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sarah's recipe for Cranberry Macadamia Cereal Bars
April 10, 10:21am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Linn

Ryan Linn has posted no reviews.