Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 191 - 200 of 484 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...49

Forum » Thread

FS : GoLite Jam Pack
Selling a like-new Jam pack. Size Med.. It is in perfect condition with the exception of having trimmed the shoulder straps, ( see photo ), and removing the bladder sleeve inside the main compartme...

In Gear Swap » FS : GoLite Jam Pack
December 22, 12:45pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
I am throwing up another shot of inside and the 'U' frame stiffener and sleeve for thin CC pad and/or coroplast. Duane, You would be suprised at how reasonable the price was. And for fin...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt Pack
December 22, 12:34pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
It has a 'U' shaped internal support. Chris built in a sleeve to add a thin CC foam insert and a sheet of coroplast if needed, Pretty clever design and I like how he intergrates the load li...

December 21, 10:42pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
Bradford, The weight is 29 ozs. Pack volume is in the 3300 - 3400 cu in. range with all of the pockets included, main pack bag is 2200 cu in.

December 21, 8:11pm

New Zimmerbuilt Pack
I received my new Zimmerbuilt pack today and it is very nice! Chris was exceptional to work with on figuring out what I wanted in a pack based on my likes and dis-likes of previous packs I own or h...

December 21, 7:10pm

Are you new here?
Tony, Thanks for sharing the trip report photos. I am heading out on the HST this summer and enjoyed your photos.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are you new here?
December 20, 7:19am

CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
My Summerlight has been my go-to bag for several years. I love it! If I know it is going to be a cold night, which it usually is in the high Sierras, I can layer up. I might have to try a quilt one...

In GEAR » CT, WM sleeping bag dilemma
December 17, 1:49pm

Talk me out of an Exos 58
I sold off my Exos 46 because of the hipbelt. It wasn't comfortable after a few miles. The Exos 58 is a large volume pack, it depends on what your carrying, but it may be too much. I love my Ta...

In GEAR » Talk me out of an Exos 58
December 15, 9:50pm

New Zimmerbuilt cuben pack
Sweet pack! I am waiting for a Zimmerbuilt pack of my own. Chris has been great to work with on figuring out the features available, and what I needed in a pack. I don't know if he does it part...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt cuben pack
December 12, 8:23pm

2012 Golite Jam
Travis, My two cents worth on the comparison between the Osprey Talon 44 and the GoLite Jam, is the Osprey is significantly more comfortable. After doing some strap removals and some small tweaks w...

In GEAR » 2012 Golite Jam
December 08, 7:25am

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm