BPL Community Profile

Ross Bleakney (rossbleakney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Cascades
About Me Ross Bleakney has not added a biography yet.
CitySeattle
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ross Bleakney

Showing 191 - 200 of 960 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...96

Forum » Thread

Re: Film Camera
It is my understanding that one of the big advantages of film cameras is that you can get outstanding quality for very little weight. Film is film. A smaller film camera might have inferior optics ...

In Photography » Film Camera
May 24, 1:31pm

Looking for a New Little Camera
OK, I just lost my old little camera. So now, I'm in the market for something new. Here are some things I want out of the camera: 1) Lightweight. I would like to get the most camera for the ...

In GEAR » Looking for a New Little Camera
May 24, 9:55am

Re: Re: 1.9 oz rain jacket, FWIW
Looks like a good wind shirt, but it isn't much of a rain jacket if it doesn't have a hood.

In GEAR » 1.9 oz rain jacket, FWIW
May 22, 5:16pm

Re: Re: Filters??? STILL?
With an inline system, you don't need a second "clean" water bag. You can just get by with your "dirty" bag, a filter and something to connect the two. Just drink right from...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
May 16, 6:16pm

Re: NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
Yeah, both the new XLite and XTherm are warmer than the old NeoAir. The trade-off between the two new ones is weight versus even more warmth. As mentioned, the only reason to keep the current one i...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite vs XTherm
April 30, 6:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Original NeoAir...
>> What upsets me about the "X" pads though is that they are literally cutting corners to save weight, although I know that not everyone will share this preference. Me though, I lik...

In GEAR » NeoAir XLite - Aluminized Baffles Wearing Off ?!?
April 30, 5:53pm

Re: performance between single and double walled shelters
This is a great article discussing this very subject: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/single_wall_shelters_condensation_factors_tips.html

In GEAR » performance between single and double walled shelters
April 16, 2:22pm

Re: UL sleeping for two
I would definitely look into the Spoonbill. It is a more advanced version of a Penguin matched with a Penguin groundsheet (http://www.featheredfriends.com/Picasso/Bed.Acc/Groundsheets.html). My wif...

In GEAR » UL premarital counseling (sleep system for two)
April 09, 2:41pm

Re: Spring skirafting case study/gear dissection
Excellent. Thanks for the gear focused report. I had fun reading about the adventure, and I'm happy to read a gear focused description. I am very curious about the boots. I have recently tri...

In GEAR » Spring skirafting case study/gear dissection
April 09, 12:54pm

Re: Review, Six Moon Designs "Skyscape X"
Great review John. I bought mine last fall, but haven't had a chance to use it yet (I do all my backpacking in the summer). I feel the same way you do; it could use a bigger bathtub floor. Not ...

In GEAR » Review, Six Moon Designs "Skyscape X"
April 03, 10:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Ross Bleakney

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
Another GG review, another five out of five. This time, I broke a pole section (the lower part, or tip). It was my fault (I stepped on it) and not the fault of the pole. A call to customer support (I&...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 25, 12:11pm

Ultrapod Mini
I am very happy with my Ultrapod Mini. It does what is supposed to do very well. You often have to be resourceful with it; but with a little imagination, you can take great pictures. For example, if y...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:38pm

Pentax Optio WP
I very much like my Optio WPi (6 mp). I have found the waterproof feature to be of much greater value than I originally expected. For winter pictures, it is really handy to set up a picture and not wo...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
July 04, 7:13pm

Eureka Zues II Exo
I bought this tent a few years ago, before I knew about tarp tents. I have been happy with it, but it is a little smaller and heavier than a tarp tent. As a free standing tent, it is more round, which...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
August 14, 3:13pm