BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 191 - 200 of 544 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...55

Forum » Thread

FS Reeds, Ultra 20, Keen Growlers
Timothy - let me know as soon as you can, because someone else is also interested in the Reeds. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS MB Breeze Dry Tec bivy, Golite Reeds WM
November 21, 6:42pm

Reeds, Ultra 20, Growler pictures
Here are the Reeds. Outside seam is 41", inseam is 30.5", ankle zippers are 10", hip is 46", waist is 27" unstretched, and 40" stretched to the maximum. Here is ...

November 21, 6:40pm

Do you mean the Reeds?
I'll be glad to post a picture. I live in 2 places, and I will be going back to my "city" place this afternoon where the for sale gear is. I will post pictures later this afternoon ...

November 21, 9:39am

Golite Reeds WM, Golite Ultra 20, Keen Growlers
This seems like a good time to bump my thread about my still unsold golite reeds based on the other thread about reeds. See description above. Also, I have a Golite Ultra 20 quilt - SHORT -...

November 20, 10:15pm

floorless shelter techique
Greyson - one of the advantages I've found using a floorless tent on snow - I use a Gatewood Cape - is that I can dig a platform about a foot down and be below "ground level." The tr...

In Winter Hiking » floorless shelter techique
November 19, 4:27pm

Trash in the woods
I doubt more signs about carrying out trash would help. The kinds of people who would need a sign to tell them how to behave responsibly also seem to think they're exempt from the rules. I p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trash in the woods
November 19, 2:11pm

ULA's new owner
Yikes! I had to call ULA and find out. I just talked to Chris, who is indeed The New Owner. He's known Brian since before Brian began the business, and Brian is still there (still hobbling o...

In GEAR » ULA New owner?
October 28, 4:01pm

Anyone recognize this PNW alpine lake? Yes.
Brad - it's probably Lower Ice Lake. I've inserted a shot from the other side of the lake below. One trip report is here: http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7978215&highl...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anyone recognize this PNW alpine lake?
October 25, 8:50pm

Growing belly?
Wait a minute. Rewind. Play. Growing belly? Maternity underwear? Sarah? Did I miss an announcement somewhere? Here I am in Kansas City for 4 days for a wedding (Mr. B's cousin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tips/gear for women
October 09, 6:07pm

The lowly $1.75 inflatable pool toy
Oh, no! Mr. B has been calling my Neoair a criminally-priced pool toy all summer. I absolutely cannot let him see this thread and find out he was right. Your specs show it is about 3" narro...

In GEAR » The lowly $1.75 inflatable pool toy :)
October 05, 10:30am

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm