Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rick M (rmjapan) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale London, UK
About Me Rick M has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rick M

Showing 191 - 200 of 1044 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...105

Forum » Thread

Re: White works.
I don't there is a color that naturally REPELS insects but there are colors that ATTRACT or AGITATE insects. In Japan, the fearsome Japanese Giant Hornet has been shown to swarm/sting those wea...

In GEAR » Colors that repel insects?
April 10, 8:23pm

Re: OR doesn't feel very breathable to me.
I have the Helium II too. It is not breathable at all unless I unzip it. But neither is any other membrane jacket I've tried! Membrane fabric specs are meaningless because we buy finished cloth...

In GEAR » ZPacks WPB Cuben Fiber Jacket vs. OR Helium II vs. ?
April 10, 7:24pm

Re: Re Pollen
Luke, rattlesnakes are May's worry when their breeding cycle kicks in. Only animals to worry about now while camping are wild hogs and javelina. Oh, and vampire bats.

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 10, 8:24am

Re: Re: pollen
Another concern is it is peak Oak and Juniper pollen season in the Hill Country now. All my family has been suffering terribly the last 2 weeks.

In Philosophy & Technique » Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
April 10, 8:13am

Re: Thank you
Hmm, methinks what you really like to do and what you can do is at odds in most of Central Texas! Most of the "beautiful" Hill Country nature areas are around water features. But the drou...

April 10, 7:03am

Re: Wild Camping in the US - advice for an Englishman, please!
Born and raised Texan and Hill Country ranch owner here. This time of year is really best for DRIVING the Hill Country West of Austin. Rent yourself a sporty convertible and head out HWY290. Lot...

April 10, 6:27am

Prolite Gear Windshirt Performance Tests
Prolite gets busy with their testing of some of the leading windshirt contenders. Looks to be a work in progress. Patagonia Houdini, Rab Cirrus, Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer, and Montane GL...

In GEAR » Prolite Gear Windshirt Performance Tests
April 10, 5:21am

Re: Nikon madness
Grasshopper, I say become more zen like with the 35mm F1.8 and a wisdom book by Masters Ansel Adams, Galen Rowell and John Shaw.

In Photography » Nikon madness
April 10, 12:26am

Re: or maybe the new MH South Col 70 Outdry?
FWIW, the new MH South Col 70 Outdry has been getting the luv here in Japan where our Winter ice approaches are long and hard. Ueli is pimping it too, http://vimeo.com/71263247 http://www.cli...

In GEAR » Paradox Pack or Mchale?
April 09, 2:48am

Re: Re: Ice Axe for 12 year old
The Clymb had a Grivel Futura, sans adze, on sale for $30 + 30% off at the end of March. With another 10% cash rebate service, I got it for $19 shipped!

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Ice Axe for 12 year old
April 08, 6:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Rick M

Rick M has posted no reviews.