BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 191 - 200 of 583 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...59

Forum » Thread

CMC
Tell her about the Colorado Mountain Club. Very nice people and just a ton of activities. Hiking, backpacking, skiing, etc. And at all skill levels. It would be a great way for her to get out as mu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Got someone hooked
August 18, 5:40pm

Ultralight hunting
Based on the title, I thought this was specifically about ultralight hunting being ethical and I was wondering how the ethics would be different from regular hunting. So why was ultralight in the t...

In Chaff » Ultralight Hunting - is it ethical
August 17, 10:30am

Dog owners
It's normal. I've come to hate dogs in the backcountry. And that's coming from someone that usually has a dog with him. Most of my trips are into designated wilderness areas where dogs ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
August 16, 9:50am

Wide mouth bottle
When I'm bringing a Steripen, I also bring a bottle that the Dole Harvest Best fruits come in. It's only 24.5 oz but has a really wide mouth which is great for the Steripen. I got that tip ...

In GEAR » Another wide-mouth plastic bottle bites the dust...
August 15, 6:03pm

SL2
I wouldn't call it roomy for 2 at all. I had one for me and my dog and thought it was too small. I personally wouldn't want to use it for 2 adults. I only use the fly so I switched to an SL...

In GEAR » Some questions about the golite shangri-la 2
August 15, 4:31pm

Steripen
I just wipe down the threads with my shirt or bandana. Batteries, or the device itself, can die while you're out so it's good to have a backup. That's the downside of the Steripen altho...

In GEAR » Steripen questions - sterilizing the threads of water bottle?
August 15, 10:18am

Re:What if a stock animal goes down in the backcountry?
In Colorado, only a law enforcement officer can put down wildlife hit by a car. A friend was coming out to see me once and hit a deer on I-70. This one was killed instantly. He called it in to the ...

In Chaff » What if a stock animal goes down in the backcountry?
August 15, 8:47am

Is peddler an insult?
So you pop into someone else's thread with a link to something you sell, then he calls you on it, then you try to turn it into an insult and become the aggrieved party and demand an apology? Bo...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Rod; Product Ideas
August 14, 8:53pm

Lighter container?
You can transfer beer into another air tight container and it will last for 2-3 days. Before there were good beers available in cans, we'd pour them into sixteen oz supermarket water bottles wh...

In Chaff » Pat's Backcountry Beer
August 13, 3:34pm

Winds & pics
Thanks for the info on the B&W pics and the example. The example really cleared it up for me. BTW, did you carry bear spray? I've read that grizzlies are being sighted more often in the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Dreams
August 13, 10:54am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.