BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 191 - 200 of 613 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...62

Forum » Thread

Skurka
No problem. That's not really me in my avatar. :)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka winter backpacking presentation at Colorado Mountain Club on 12/5
November 29, 9:30pm

Skurka winter backpacking presentation at Colorado Mountain Club on 12/5
If anybody else is attending Skurka's winter backpacking presentation at the CMC on 12/5 and wants to meet up before for a beer and/or pizza at Golden City Brewing or Woody's, let me know.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Skurka winter backpacking presentation at Colorado Mountain Club on 12/5
November 28, 2:31pm

Thermometer
"Look, I'm not trying to trash anybody, and I recognise that aquarium thermos only range from between 50 and 106 degrees, but, as the OP even admitted, these are the same dang things: to w...

In Gear Deals » SuperUltralight Temperature Indicators for Outdoor and Body Temperature/Fever Indication
September 29, 9:12pm

SPOT
I've posted this before but here goes again. I have the original SPOT and as AFAIK, it's only failed to get OK messages out twice. I don't send a lot of them on a trip and have not logg...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 15, 8:32pm

MYOG
"There is something satisfying about designing and creating something from scratch, but I have to admit, that most of the time, if I count every hour I'm involved in the project I'm wo...

In Make Your Own Gear » In Defense of "Make Your Own Gear"
September 13, 3:34pm

SInger 404
Very cool Hobbes!

In Make Your Own Gear » Singer 404 for sale
September 11, 6:05pm

Re: Leash
Cameron's joking about comments made earlier. Go back and read Erik's posts and you'll see where he's coming from.

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 11, 11:59am

Dogs
"So why all the hysteria about dogs and none about the only truly dangerous animal you enocounter on the trail?" Probably because this is a thread about dogs. There have been PLENTY o...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 09, 8:12am

Good fit
"Maybe next time I go shopping for shoes I will try a running store instead of an outdoor store, and try some Brooks or Inov8 shoes. So far (aside from the current Tevas) I have tried hiking s...

In GEAR » Has anyone gone back to wearing boots after trying shoes?
September 08, 9:48am

Sure
You obviously have no problem doing whatever you want no matter what the rules if you don't find them convenient to you. Rules? Those are for other people! Right? Bending? You actually mean ...

September 07, 9:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.