BPL Community Profile

Randy Nelson (rlnunix) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Randy Nelson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Nelson

Showing 191 - 200 of 647 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...65

Forum » Thread

Re: 40 Below
"I read through the previous posts but havent found the 40 below light energy overboots mentioned. I havent used them but I remember seeing them on Steve Evan's website (suluk46 dot com). ...

In Winter Hiking » GTX socks/trail runner user...not incredibly happy....advice wanted
March 13, 11:56am

Orienteering clubs
"Speaking of orienteering, have you looked for orienteering clubs in your area? There are clubs devoted to orienteering that often hold regular meets. They are a great way to practice your ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Navigation
March 13, 10:37am

TT vs SL3
The SL3 is an awesome shelter but IMHO for 2, not 3. I like some extra room and originally went with a RS2 for me and my dog and for possible use with 3 people occasionally. It was great and I high...

In GEAR » Three Person Shelter Question: Golite SL3 or TT Rainshadow 2? Others?
March 12, 10:39pm

Re: moved in with a girl
"Empty beer cans and denatured alcohol ARE my kitchen." That was good.

In GEAR » Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
March 12, 3:11pm

Gear rooms
"Yep I'm single. I don't know how you guessed." It was the 5 WM bags that clued me in.

March 12, 11:55am

Gear room
Jeez Dale, REI garage sales have less gear! "my my, I hope my wife doesn't see this thread." I'm definitely showing my wife. This makes me appear quite reasonable. (I'll...

March 12, 7:47am

Re: 3 person shelter
I had a RS2, which I liked a lot, but switched to an SL3 to go floorless. I agree that 3 would be really tight in the SL3. And it's pretty heavy if you take the nest which I never do. If you wa...

In GEAR » Three Person Shelter Question: Golite SL3 or TT Rainshadow 2? Others?
March 11, 4:10pm

Ti-Tri
"What about ash disposal? My boyfriend and I were hiking in Mt. Rainier National Park last summer, and one fellow in the campsite next to use was using a wood-burning stove. He had it sited co...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is a tiny wood-fuelled stove a campfire?
March 08, 10:52pm

Tequila sunrise
Tequila and orange Gatorade makes a nice backcountry Tequila Sunrise. Hydrate while you dehydrate is my motto.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ultralight Cocktails
March 08, 10:46pm

Re: Tenkara presentation
Cool. I'll look for the guy holding the grill :)

In Fishing » Tenkara presentation in Boulder-March 18
March 07, 5:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Nelson

Randy Nelson has posted no reviews.