BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 191 - 200 of 1569 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
Please explain how you made the Pad Thai, since it wasn't a commercially available freeze dried meal?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
March 24, 1:56pm

Re: Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
Great trip report... thank you!

In Post-Trip Reports » Happy/Hatch/Dirty Devil hike and packraft
March 20, 11:51am

Re: DWR
Simas, http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=70722

In GEAR » Marmot Ion vs. Patagonia Houdini
March 17, 4:06pm

Re: Re:"Gear for -20 to -50 degrees?"
Aug, For daytime moderate to high activity levels you can be comfortable by layering something like Patagonia's R1 base layers; Polartec 300 fleece jacket; Polartec 300 vest; and a moderatel...

In GEAR » Gear for -20 to -50 degrees?
March 17, 10:24am

Re: marketing
Eric, Silicone coated down (Encapsil) will, theoretically, slowly degrade in loft to the original 800 fill level and water resistance do to microscopic exfoliation of the silicone from wet flex ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Encapsil Belay Parka Reverse Engineered
March 02, 2:41pm

Re: Encapsil angst
Ray, Thank you!

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
March 02, 2:05am

Re: Mr. nisley
Babak, The iclo is 6.48.

March 02, 2:04am

Reverse Engineered Encapsil Belay Parka
On Jan 9, 2013 I posted a comment to Babak’s video review of Patagonia’s Encapsil Belay parka. That same day I posted the comment, the review was hidden at Patagonia’s request. See: http://w...

In GEAR » Patagonia Encapsil Belay Parka Reverse Engineered
March 02, 1:13am

Re: Mr. nisley
Babak, I will put together a normal lab environment estimate based on reverse engineering the design shortly. I have more data to provide a better estimate this iteration. What I really want to...

March 01, 12:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Impact of Wind on Insulation Loft
Tim, Your explanation correctly states that fiber conductivity increases with increased density but, omits the offsetting reduced radiation losses over a significant density variance. A forum...

In Editor's Roundtable » Impact of Wind on Insulation Loft
February 27, 11:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm