BPL Community Profile

Lynn Tramper (retropump) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale The Antipodes of La Coruna
About Me Lynn Tramper has not added a biography yet.
CountryThe Antipodes

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lynn Tramper

Showing 191 - 200 of 3344 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...335

Forum » Thread

Re: Suggestions for high calorie, low weight, lower carb meals
Just to be sure I understand, is the issue that you want to share an evening meal with your hiking buddy, and he wants a high carb dinner? Because it is otherwise not hard to get plenty of calorie...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Suggestions for high calorie, low weight, lower carb meals
July 15, 3:05pm

Re: What to dehydrate and why?
If you are not in a hurry, there is not a lot of advantage IMHO to cooking and dehydrating starches that are already dehydrated. So I personally save the dehydrator for wet/heavy foods and just coz...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What to dehydrate and why?
July 11, 3:34pm

Re: Re: Re: Instant Quinoa
I beg to differ on the issue of processing. The biggest change you can make to the GI of a food is to grind it smaller, with or without the fiber included. Well, actually, the biggest impact you ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Suggestions for high calorie, low weight, lower carb meals
July 10, 8:54pm

Re: Instant Quinoa
Just a heads up for those of you using quinoa because of its lower GI...the GI of any food that is flaked, floured or instantised goes up. You may be negating some of the GI benefits from the quin...

July 10, 7:02pm

Good to be back
Hi Miguel, I've missed these boards. Our series of earthquakes have had repercussions for my work environment (where I used to do a lot of my posting from, Ahem), and also repercussions for loc...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
July 02, 3:20pm

Re: My Paleo
Ha, teach me to disappear for so long. What a good thread. There's lots that's been touched on, and not too much flaming. I, naturally, have a lot of opinions on this subject, some of it b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
July 01, 6:08pm

Re: Distance : miles or time ?
I never consider distance. It is irrelevant in NZ terrain. Time is everything, and if someone asks me how far I've come, I will tell them how long it too ME to get from point A to point B. B...

In Philosophy & Technique » Distance : miles or time ?
June 26, 3:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: technique for max. muscle mass?
"I was questioning the assumption the original poster was making, that she was losing actual muscle in one week. Doesn't seem very likely to me." Agreed, unless you are ill, you do...

In Philosophy & Technique » technique for max. muscle mass?
June 25, 5:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: technique for max. muscle mass?
My best suggestion for cross-training that incorporates hiking goals with strength goals is a combination of sprints with longer walks. Throw in some compound strength training a few times per wee...

June 24, 9:06pm

Re: Re: technique for max. muscle mass?
Roger, muscle cells are rarely lost, they just shrink or grow, and become stronger or weaker. Functional strength does not rely on size per se, merely making the cells you already have more effici...

June 24, 5:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Lynn Tramper

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Trail Designs SideWinder for AGG 2qt pot
First of all, apologies for cross-posting this review. I initially put it n the cookware category and can't move it (Mods feel free to delete the other review). I have been using this cook syst...

In Stoves - Other
October 18, 12:50pm

Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian
I want to love this pack, I really do. It is comfortable, it is roomy enough for most trips, it fits well, carries heavier laods well, and has all the feature I could want in a pack (I got extra poc...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
October 17, 7:17pm

Trail designs SideWinder
I have been using this cook system for the last few months, and it is by far the best offering that the folks at Trail Designs has yet come up with. My system is designed to fit around, AND in th...

In Cookware - Other
October 17, 6:53pm

Packa s/m 2008 model
I thought it better to keep the Packa reviews in one place, so this applies to the 2009 medium/large Packa. To be honest, I wanted a Roger Caffin style poncho, but could see it was going to take me m...

In Clothing - Raingear
October 18, 1:57pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
I use these for around camp and sleep wear, so have not (yet) had any problems with durability. For my main use they are simply brilliant. This merino is the frist wool I've found that isn't...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
January 18, 12:23pm

Trail Designs Caldera Keg
This cool little cookset is just perfect for my solo trips. "The lightest , most stable, wind resistant, and efficient cooking system you can buy." says the Trail Designs website, and I don...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:41pm

Antigravity Gear 2 liter pot
I also have the anodised version of this pot. True about the slippery issue, but a few seconds with and orbital sander on the bottom solved the problem. I have used this pot for several years fo...

In Cookware - Other
January 15, 6:34pm

Trail Designs and Titanium Goat Ti-Tri
I have carried this "stove" for 14 nights in the field now, and it has become my go-to stove. Even after 7 days of continuous rain, I was able to find enough dry-ish wood to cook AND have a ...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 15, 6:25pm

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts
Please note: I am reviewing the 2005 version of this glove. I found the basic design/shape of this glove to be good (I like the gauntlet style), but the insulation was a joke. Extremely flat, low l...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 07, 6:27pm

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
These are my all time favourites. They've kept me comfortable in everything from snowboarding to windswept ridge hikes to calm and hot uphill hikes. They are comfortable, light, and dry in an in...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 11:58am