BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 191 - 200 of 7602 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...761

Forum » Thread

Re: Enchantment Lakes Washington - Some Questions
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-120.79221&lat=47.48786 is pretty good forecast. You can scroll around and get forecast for anyplace. still far out for accurate forecast - wait...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Enchantment Lakes Washington - Some Questions
September 26, 1:46pm

Re: Re: $1500 fee for "commercial" use in USFS wilderness lands
"brought up 1st Amendment rights" "Chaff - not for the meek or faint of heart:)" Okay, let's argue about 2nd ammednment Nevermind, that's a different site : )

In On the Web » $1500 fee for "commercial" use in USFS wilderness lands
September 26, 8:15am

Re: Re: Re: Re: $1500 fee for "commercial" use in USFS wilderness lands
"why now?" There was recent lawsuit that prevented the Forest Service from maintaining a building inside wilderness. They keep refining just what it means to be wilderness. "...

September 26, 8:13am

Re: Sewing Climashield Insulation for a sleeping bag question
Maybe Apex requires less stabalization than regular Climashield? I've just sewn around the perimeter and it seemed to work. I think I did that with Primaloft Sport too. I've only used ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Climashield Insulation for a sleeping bag question
September 26, 7:48am

Re: Re: $1500 fee for "commercial" use in USFS wilderness lands
The reason the Forest Service says they're doing this is that the Wilderness Act prohibits commercial uses inside wilderness

September 26, 7:45am

Re: Re: Re: RE: Prodigy
"I"d avoid ANY top loader. I have one w/out an agitator, Maytag Bravo, and it does terrible things. No idea how. I would never trust my quilt to it!" Same here. I spent too much ...

In GEAR » Highly compressible synthetic quilt...?
September 25, 7:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Additional feedback on stove so far
The exact numbers aren't that important, the point is that the cost of cansiter fuel isn't that significant compared to other costs MSR Whisperlight - $100 at rei http://www.rei.com/prod...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 4 - Lessons Learnt
September 25, 5:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Additional feedback on stove so far
"It's a bit like drying dots of toothpaste while still wearing an old pair of heavy leather boots." Good one Roger : ) I'm impressed that you've sold 100+ of these. T...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Evolution of a Winter Stove - Part 4 - Lessons Learnt
September 25, 4:56pm

Re: First solo trip, Northern CA or Northern NV, early October?
Trinity Alps? I did http://www.portlandhikersfieldguide.org/wiki/Trinity_Alps_Granite_Lake_Horseshoe_Lake_Hike last October and it was great. You have to look at weather reports and maybe avoid...

In Pre-Trip Planning » First solo trip, Northern CA or Northern NV, early October?
September 25, 10:00am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RE: Prodigy
Have you ever washed a bag with that new treated down?

In GEAR » Highly compressible synthetic quilt...?
September 25, 9:05am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.