BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 191 - 200 of 6457 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...646

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Generally not invading our neighbours"
I agree Russia has some grievences English, French,... defeated Russia at Sevastopol. Russia doesn't want to just give it up now after losing so many lives defending it. All the countries ...

In Chaff » "Generally not invading our neighbours"
March 26, 10:34am

Re: Re: Re: "Generally not invading our neighbours"
Obama's possible actions are limited. At least it's no Chamberlin "Peace in our time". He made a joke out of Putin. I thought it was funny. You thought it was funny. Russia...

March 26, 10:04am

Re: "Generally not invading our neighbours"
I heard that. Obama said Russia "is a regional power". Not catering to Putin's ego. That had to be a well thought out strategic move, not just an off-hand remark. I wonder wha...

March 26, 8:57am

Re: Rei dividends are here =)
If you're a member you can just go there and tell them you want to use your 20% off coupon, you don't need to bring any paper coupon or anything. They keep track in their computer.

In GEAR » Rei dividends are here =)
March 25, 4:43pm

Re: Wrong
The other thing is people's comments - lots of other ideas as good as the article

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: 3mm Plastic Tarps
March 25, 3:08pm

Re: Simplicity
That's funny, I figured this subject was so lame nobody would be interested : )

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: 3mm Plastic Tarps
March 25, 2:39pm

Re: Re: Strength and Honor! No, wait: Speed and Efficiency!
As long as we're proposing experiments for others : ) Pour (and weigh) enough fuel to almost boil. Measure temperature before and after. Multiply weight of fuel * nominal temp differen...

In GEAR » Faster Boil Times with a Polished Windscreen
March 25, 2:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Seam Sealing tent, weather timing questions
White gas inside house? I hope you have up to date fire insurance : ) or would that be explosion insurance?

In GEAR » Seam Sealing tent, weather timing questions
March 25, 7:37am

Re: Advice on spring backpacking near Portland, OR
Still a lot of snow at elevation, like on Mt Hood. Hard to find where trail is. Microspikes and/or snowshoes might be in order. Columbia Gorge would be wide open. Still some snow at highest p...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Advice on spring backpacking near Portland, OR
March 24, 7:36pm

Re: only variable?
and most of the weight of the tube of seam sealer evaporates. Maybe seam sealer adds 1 ounce? weight of your particular tent might be a few ounces greater than spec

In GEAR » Seam sealing weight gain?
March 24, 2:17pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.