BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 191 - 200 of 7055 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...706

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: best way to repair netting
stitching may put unequal strain on netting if you can get glue to stick, that should make uniform stress all the way around. Any raw edges would be prevented from unraveling. glue might loo...

In Make Your Own Gear » best way to repair netting
June 22, 9:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Washington State - Enchantments from Snow Creek Trail
The last switchback before you get to enchantments, there's a stream which is the outflow of the lake. The "trail" goes along that stream.

In Post-Trip Reports » Washington State - Enchantments from Snow Creek Trail
June 22, 8:06pm

Re: silnylon, cuben, or eVent for mountaineering shell project
Cuben - I've never used it, but you have to tape it and then maybe sew so it doesn't slip. Just seems like it would be difficult to make a jacket. And the total area needed for a jacket i...

In Make Your Own Gear » silnylon, cuben, or eVent for mountaineering shell project
June 22, 8:04pm

Re: Re: Re: best way to repair netting
Maybe you can fill the hole just using silicone. If it's just 1/4 inch. Won't let air pass through there but so what.

June 22, 7:12pm

Re: Re: Washington State - Enchantments from Snow Creek Trail
Tom, don't tell anyone about that. I remember doing that in the 1970s. Nice little lake. The closest of the Enchantment lakes. That trail isn't too difficult.

June 22, 7:10pm

Re: Owl Encounter
I take spiders out sometimes I don't have the heart to tell my wife that when you take indoor spiders outside, they'll just die : )

In Chaff » Bear Encounter
June 22, 4:31pm

Re: best way to repair netting
You could use glue Like silicone caulk or polyurethane (McNett seam grip or Shoo Goo) Either just the glue itself or glue on a piece of netting

June 22, 2:40pm

Re: Went away
same here - tried torso length, full length warmer and more comfortable feet. It's narrower at foot end so doesn't add that much weight. But torso length works too

In GEAR » Torso vs. full length pad
June 22, 11:03am

Re: Washington State - Enchantments from Snow Creek Trail
Yeah, lots of people, not so bad because they limit number of people though. "The goats are almost domesticated" From 2009:

June 22, 10:49am

Re: Re
Rand Paul on Meet The Press said he generally agreed with Obama on Iraq and Afganistan. Pulling out troops (except Rand Paul would have done it sooner). Putting back the 300 advisors right now. ...

In Chaff » Glenn Beck admits "Liberals you were right" about Iraq War.
June 22, 9:36am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.