Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 191 - 200 of 8525 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...853

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Truce.
Don't people die doing that? To do 100 meters they must carry weights?

In Chaff » Truce.
March 09, 3:12pm

hot dogs
Hot dogs - freeze to start and they should be thawed the first night - easy to cook over fire Kind of disgusting "food" if you think about it too hard, so don't do that

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Taking fresh meats on hikes - how long does it last?
March 09, 2:15pm

Re: Supplies
I've had strip of aluminum in flame without melting Maybe adjust position so it's not in the main part of the flame? If it's too much into the flame, it will interphere with burni...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil cold weather heat exchanger
March 09, 9:32am

Re: How can I get one?
You can use aluminum Theoretically, you need a little thicker aluminum to conduct the same amount of heat, compared to copper, but even with thicker aluminum it would weigh less If you PMed m...

March 09, 8:44am

Re: upside down lid
"my quick search didn't find a suitable cap" same here - whenever I see a plastic cap now, I see if it will fit... I tried a plastic bag with rubber band to keep it on You ha...

March 09, 8:38am

Re: Re: Re: Obnoxious MLD prices...
Isn't most Cuben used for making sailboat sails? So, even if the amount used for tents doubles, it doesn't make much difference?

In GEAR » Obnoxious MLD prices...
March 09, 8:29am

Re: Enchantments Lottery Now Open
That was a lucky stab in the dark Maybe go South from Steven's Pass, to Robin, cross country to Lake Leland, circle back to PCT and Stevens Pass... I just hate going to Stevens Pass from ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Enchantments Lottery Now Open
March 07, 1:18pm

Re: Re: Spork vs spoon
I cut off the end of my STS aluminum spoon so it fit's into 900 ml pot. Also cuts a couple grams but that's not significant. I just use my pot though. If I used bag to hydrate food, th...

In GEAR » Spork vs spoon
March 07, 10:05am

Mt Stuart? PCT South of Stevens Pass - West of Enchantments? Granite Mountain over Robin Lakes?

March 07, 9:59am

You're teasing me : ) Where is "here"? That could be Enchantments, Wallowas, Sierras,...

March 07, 9:13am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.