BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 191 - 200 of 7589 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...759

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Here
you're using my words against me, that's not fair... the president does have a lot of power when it comes to initiating military action the president doesn't have that much power ...

In Chaff » The Question of Militarism/Empire
September 24, 4:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Here
"We just disagree in a major way about " this whole thing about authorization from congress isn't that important"." We agree on that (that we disagree : ) Reality toda...

September 24, 4:32pm

Re: Re: Here
"Jerry thinks it is "ok" because Obama did it." Ha, ha, ha,... Michael weighs in : )

September 24, 4:12pm

Re: Here
Andrew Sullivan is a conservative journalist He failed to mention that yeah, Bush got authorization for military action if Saddam didn't let in inspectors, but Saddam did let in inspectors,...

September 24, 4:10pm

Re: Re: Re: Largish Rattlesnake Encounter in Sierras
I saw two warming themselves on trail in Northern California in Trinity Alps - 6000 feet elevation. They slithered off trail before I could get picture. One of them rattled at me. I didn't t...

In Photo Gallery » Largish Rattlesnake Encounter in Sierras
September 24, 3:50pm

Re: Systems
I didn't mean to claim U.S. is more exceptional than other democracies They have the same problem with inefficiencies due to politics yet it's better than alternatives

September 24, 1:26pm

Re: Re: Office Politics. Retarded monkeys
spy in your office is feeding ideas to Scott Adams : )

In Chaff » Office Politics
September 24, 1:23pm

Re: yep
yet, amazingly, this political system seems to be better than other systems

September 24, 11:43am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re
I think Kat criticizes Obama because he's the president and he's doing stuff she disagrees with. If there was a Republican president doing worse stuff, she'de be criticizing that too...

September 23, 9:49pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re
After WWI we made Germany pay reperations. Hitler used people's unhappiness with this to get into WWII. After WWII, we made friends with Japan and Germany and we've been at peace since....

September 23, 5:04pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.