Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy and Angela (requiem) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me Jeremy and Angela has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy and Angela

Showing 191 - 200 of 361 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Quick food hanging question.
Some bear photos for your amusement: http://www.trailspace.com/forums/backcountry/topics/119583.html (Sorry, I couldn't find any of a bear dive-bombing a bag.)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Quick food hanging question.
April 15, 9:06pm

Re: Torte vs. Tort
In my opinion, the best torte reform would be to replicate the chocolate Sachertorte, which can still be had at the Sacher Hotel in Vienna. A bit dry for my taste, even with the whipped cream, b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Idaho family sues USFS for $1M after tree hit son
April 12, 8:38pm

Re: ovee and over...
My boss once said "I don't see what everyone has against gotos" Yes, a Real Programmer would make use of the COME FROM construct instead.

In GEAR » Canister failure: has this happened to you?
April 11, 12:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Complimenting sleep system
On a side note, if you assume the R-value of 3.1 for the SynMat UL 7 is in the US units and work backwards: 31.81-((3.1/5.68)*36.36) = 11.97 (equivalent EN comfort value in degrees C) It sugges...

In GEAR » Complimenting sleep system
April 10, 2:59pm

Re: Re: Re: Complimenting sleep system
Hi Sean, I'd point you to Richard Nisley as this goes outside my knowledge. I also have some uncertainty regarding the units. Specifically, I don't know if the sleeping pad values ment...

April 10, 2:28pm

Re: Complimenting sleep system
I'm still not clear on how the R value compliments the temp rating on bags. Specifically, how is the performance of the Versalite different with the Dowmat vs. the Synmat? The sleeping bag p...

April 07, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Re Feedback
Any quotes you see are purely manual: simply copy and paste, and mark them any way you like. My personal preference is to use <i>italics tags</i> around longer quotes; quotation marks ...

In Gear Lists » My guide on packing light for an overnight winter backcountry hut trip
April 03, 11:42am

Re: 10 Reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
The real problem is that animals poop everywhere, they have no respect. Is it bad that my first thought was "how is this different from San Francisco sidewalks?" Obligatory contri...

In Philosophy & Technique » 10 Reasons why you should never spend time in the backcountry
April 02, 7:45pm

Re: Re: Writing Style
I agree with some of the comments on the writing style. For myself it was more an issue with rhythm than length, but then I still remember the golden age of semicolons. What you might try doing...

In Gear Lists » My guide on packing light for an overnight winter backcountry hut trip
April 02, 2:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lesson Learned: Don't Mess With Sun
^^^ What Dale said. There's a list here of some cars that use laminated glass in places beside the windshield: http://www.epgaa.com/applications/index.asp Something to note is that escap...

In GEAR » Skin Cancer Scare
March 27, 7:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy and Angela

Jeremy and Angela has posted no reviews.