BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 191 - 200 of 286 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Re: San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
I've done a lot of car-camping and hiking in both areas. Anza Borego can get quite disorienting, like most deserts. It's beautiful, but for such a large area it's best to go with a gu...

In Pre-Trip Planning » San Diego Area Overnight Recommendations
August 01, 9:11pm

Re: Re: Pee and POOP jar!
That's why you poop first, then dig the hole. If you dig first, the hole might not be big enough.

In GEAR » Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
August 01, 11:36am

Re: Where can I buy smalles screw cap spray bottle?
Most plastic spray bottles won't hold up to DEET. My GF has tiny plastic perfume bottles that might do the trick, but I haven't run DEET through them yet. Would certainly work fine for th...

In GEAR » Where can I buy smalles screw cap spray bottle?
August 01, 10:19am

Pee and POOP jar!
Shoot, I used to live on a sailboat in the middle of San Diego harbor. I had a pee and poop jar! No matter how much you flush and pump a boat's holding tank you can never get rid of the smell...

August 01, 9:56am

Re: Cough Medicine Bottle
Careful with the medicine bottles though; a lot of them use a plastic-coated cardboard disc to form the seal. I use a Pepto Bismol bottle the same way, but replaced the cardboard with some thin ga...

July 31, 11:39pm

Re: Favorite REPUROPSED Containers...
I carry an unlubricated rubber in my pack. Good emergency water storage if you have to cover an unexpected dry stretch of trail. Fill it up (easier said than done), tie a knot to close it, wrap i...

July 31, 9:47pm

Re: Backpacking with a Newborn
My son will be seven months old by Christmas, so I'm angling for a Deuter Kid Comfort baby carrier. Will also need to get him some long pants so his chubby little legs don't get sunburned!

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking with a Newborn
July 30, 11:15pm

Re: HUH??
Around here we use tennis balls to break up the down clumps in the dryer, but I'm not sure who's yanking chains and whom is having their chain yanked... The OP asks about restoring loft to...

In GEAR » Gear Treating
July 30, 12:34am

Re: 6 gallon per minute Sawyer backflush
There's no problem with this method. In the normal flow direction, dirty water passes from the outside of the membrane tubes to the inside, filtered by the tiny perforations. In the backflush...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6 gallon per minute Sawyer backflush
July 29, 8:52pm

Re: Re: Thought Provoking
Can't tell if that's you... my eyes aren't what they used to be. Better ask Hubble.

In Chaff » Thought Provoking
July 29, 4:47am

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.