BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 191 - 200 of 279 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: HUH??
Around here we use tennis balls to break up the down clumps in the dryer, but I'm not sure who's yanking chains and whom is having their chain yanked... The OP asks about restoring loft to...

In GEAR » Gear Treating
July 30, 12:34am

Re: 6 gallon per minute Sawyer backflush
There's no problem with this method. In the normal flow direction, dirty water passes from the outside of the membrane tubes to the inside, filtered by the tiny perforations. In the backflush...

In Make Your Own Gear » 6 gallon per minute Sawyer backflush
July 29, 8:52pm

Re: Re: Thought Provoking
Can't tell if that's you... my eyes aren't what they used to be. Better ask Hubble.

In Chaff » Thought Provoking
July 29, 4:47am

Re: Flash 45
I really liked the Flash 45, although I went with the Pinnacle 35. I think the construction and layout on the entire Flash line is great, and they're definitely worth the money. I loaded a 45...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 First Impressions
July 28, 8:15pm

Re: Thought Provoking
That pale blue dot....

In Chaff » Thought Provoking
July 28, 7:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Katmai bear cam
Two cubs on the bank watching, and another cub or a yearling in the tree. Mama almost caught a fish a second ago!

In On the Web » Katmai bear cam
July 26, 11:44pm

Re: Gear lost while backpacking.
Whilst hitch-hiking from San Diego to NYC, I crawled under the railyard fence in Yuma and hopped a box to Tucson. Well, the railyard in Tucson is not that close to I-10, so I scurried over to the ...

In GEAR » Gear lost while backpacking.
July 26, 11:16pm

Re: FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Backpacker's Edition
That's a great setup! I'm a belly sleeper so I abhor hammocks, but I've seen them in action and was quite impressed. Someone's going to be really happy to have it.

In Gear Swap » FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Backpacker's Edition
July 26, 10:19pm

Re: Re: dont reinvent the wheel
I modified a 20oz pop bottle to hold the fuel and pump for my MSR Whisperlite. Works great, just don't pump it up too much or get it too close to the stove. I wouldn't try pulling the t...

In GEAR » Smaller fuel canisters?
July 26, 10:39am

Re: Re: Re: RE: Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
"The most unusual item is probably the 6" Subway sandwich I like to bring for dinner the first night :)" That's nasty. Eating a sammich that's been smushed inside a backp...

In GEAR » Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
July 26, 10:28am

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Daniel Pittman has posted no reviews.