BPL Community Profile

Joe Westing (pedro87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Joe Westing hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Joe Westing has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Westing

Showing 191 - 200 of 208 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Forum » Thread

Sex: male Age: 17 Marital Status: single Race: Caucasian (German/Italian/Scotch-Irish) Occupation: Student (HS) Location: NJ Hobbies/Interests: Backpacking, Hiking, Rafting, Trave...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is the personality profile of a light weight backpacker?
December 29, 4:30pm

Re: Brown Recluse
If you are worried about spiders or critters you could always use a bivy sack w/ a WP bottom and a water-resistant/breathable top (made by MLD, BMW, or Ti Goat) in conjunction w/ a tarp. As a lon...

In GEAR » Where to cut weight next ?
December 20, 2:50pm

Re: thru hike uppers
>it's hard b/c nobody in austin carries much of this stuff Almost all the gear I have or want cannot be found in a brick-and-mortar store anywhere. As Roger Caffin said, "that's...

In Gear Lists » thru hike uppers
December 17, 3:24pm

Canon A vs. SD series
I am currently in the market for a new compact digicam. After much research, I have narrowed down my choices to either the Canon A series (probably the A720) or the SD series (SD850). I like the ...

In Photography » Canon A vs. SD series
December 08, 10:45am

View of Exit Glacier from Marmot Meadows along the Harding Icefield Trail. The trail starts at the Kenai Fjords NP visitor center in the Resurrection Valley near Seward, Alaska. One of the most s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
December 08, 8:37am

Re: Re: Paper vs. Online
Although I currently subscribe to both the print and online mags, I would prefer to have the print content online. I agree with Ryan Corder in his observation that there now seems to be only 1 o...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Subscription Pricing
December 08, 8:25am

Re: Looking for socks to wear with trail runners
If temps are above freezing, layering multiple pairs of wool socks (such as Smartwool Adrenaline or Darn Tough 1/4) will keep your feet warm (even when wet), dry quickly, and breath better than Gor...

In GEAR » Looking for socks to wear with trail runners
December 07, 2:42pm

other benefits of poles
I also have knee problems like many of you, but I would probably use poles even if my knees were perfectly healthy. Using poles as supports for creaky joints is important to me, but I also use pol...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking Poles – I need advice… or convincing…
November 23, 11:31am

Re: Calling all contacts users!
Thanks for all the advice. I prefer to take them out before I go to sleep (can't stand the dry eyes), so I plan to carry a small amount of solution in BPL Dropper bottles on an upcoming Adiron...

In Philosophy & Technique » Calling all contacts users!
June 29, 10:51am

Re: Re: Boots or Shoes for Philmont
My trek went near the Valle but not into it. In the North part of Philmont where I hiked there were certainly rocks but nothing like in the Northeast. I found the trail smooth enough that I did n...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » boots or shoes for philmont?
June 29, 9:47am

All Reader Reviews by Joe Westing

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com
After having a problem with my BPL print subscription (totally my bad), Karen quickly (within a day) and kindly fixed everything. Couldn't ask for anything more.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 11, 5:09pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
This is a great pad. It is fairly comfortable, although it gets less comfortable with use. I would give it five stars if it maintained its initially level of comfort. Still, it doesn't wear dow...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
July 19, 12:18pm

Leki Ultralight Ti
Had these poles for a few years and they've performed very well. Only had one time when the poles slipped and that was quickly fixed by cleaning the poles. These titanium poles are fairly light ...

In Trekking Poles
June 29, 11:01am