Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 191 - 200 of 917 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...92

Forum » Thread

a few results of my own
Some time back I ran some tests of my own that are related to this. I took my 4 qt Open Country pot, filled it with 12 cups of water at 50 degrees starting temp, and at 40 degree air temp, in a gar...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Stove Systems for Group Cooking Part 1: Basic Framework for Selecting A Cooking Pot and Predicting Fuel Needs
November 23, 11:22pm

Re: TYT options
First off, let's just agree that there is no way you can walk from Sonora Pass to Tuolumne and not have it be tremendously scenic. So any route you take will be gorgeous, it's just a matter...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tahoe - Yosemite Trail
November 23, 10:23pm

Re: TYT - another Q
Do you want to stay on trails or are you up for some XC? If so there are great options to go from Sonora to Tuolumne that I'd prefer to the PCT route.

November 22, 3:43pm

Re: Re: Re: VBL
Bill D - unfortunately, using W/b layers inside and out doesn't do much for you, because of the dew point issue. Your body produces moisture; it moves through the inner W/b layer nicely because...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bivy Condensation
November 22, 3:32pm

Re: GLOVES OR MITTS FOR SNOWSHOEING ETC...
AS others have said, layers are the key. I've used a variety of liner gloves over the years - surplus wool, wool/ploypro blends, all polypro, and lately powerstretch - which I think I like the ...

In GEAR » GLOVES OR MITTS FOR SNOWSHOEING ETC...
November 22, 2:58pm

Re: Tahoe - Yosemite Trail
Late July/early august = buggy most years, so aiming for high elevations/breezy spots to camp is a good idea in that area. Scenery generally less grand than further south but very nice still. I wou...

November 18, 6:00pm

Re: Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
I have carried dry, aged parmesan (the good stuff) in a chunk for up to two weeks no problem in daytime temps up to 75 degrees or so. I'd take a chunk and grate or shave as you need it. Tiny gr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Taking good parmesan cheese on the trail
November 18, 5:27pm

Re: Cold lower back: how did you solve the issue of clothes riding up?
interlocking layers. My base layer shirt is tucked into my long johns, my mid-layer is tucked into my puffy pants. So if my puffy jacket rides up, as it occasionally does, I'm still pretty wel...

In Winter Hiking » Cold lower back: how did you solve the issue of clothes riding up?
November 18, 5:23pm

Re: ULA Stiff MeshType ?
What's your intended use?

In Make Your Own Gear » Stiff Mesh ?
November 16, 11:10am

FS: eVent fabric
3 yds black eVent; face fabric is mini ripstop, fabric weight is 3.64 oz.sq yd by my scale and calcs (16.9 oz. for 55 1/2" x 108 1/2") Just bought this from OWF, but had change of plan...

In Gear Swap » FS: eVent fabric
November 15, 4:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.