BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 191 - 200 of 881 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...89

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: 5.0 Apex Climashield
So Jerry, the 2.5 comes up to around the waist and then the 5 oz starts? Is that the idea?

In GEAR » cliamshield quilts - your experience
September 30, 8:22am

cliamshield quilts - your experience
Would like to hear from any and all as to how your cliamshield quilt has performed. If you could state the weight of climashield in the quilt you bought or made, and what temperatures it has kept y...

In GEAR » cliamshield quilts - your experience
September 28, 7:22pm

Re: Easy off/on layer ing fo rthe lower half?
I've always found long johns and shorts to be a good starting point, then windpants over if it cools off. You'll want side zips (at least partial) to get over those 15EEE's. Depending o...

In GEAR » Easy off/on layer ing fo rthe lower half?
September 19, 3:40pm

Re: Remote canister gas stove - Fire Maple FMS-117T or Kovea Spider, or?
I'd get the spider unless you want to go for one of Roger Caffin's creations. I think for family use the remote is nice because: -More stable with larger pots/pans -easier to safely use ...

In GEAR » Remote canister gas stove - Fire Maple FMS-117T or Kovea Spider, or?
September 18, 10:48am

Re: Since winter is around the corner I'm gonna talk about skis
In answer to the original query: I asked earlier if your “long tours” were long days or multi-day trips. You answered mostly day tours, but you’d like to start doing 2-3 day trips. I asked be...

In GEAR » Since winter is around the corner I'm gonna talk about skis
September 14, 10:44am

Re: fast transitions w/ fast gear
Impressively fast. But somehow I don't think I'll ever get close to that with a full pack for a week-long tour :-). Regarding used and discontinued gear - all well and good if you can fi...

September 12, 3:52pm

Re: Come to the light side! (And efficient too.)
Jonathan - where would you look for used F1's?

September 10, 9:35pm

Re: Since winter is around the corner I'm gonna talk about skis
Jeff - define "long tours". Do you mean long day tours, or do you mean multi-day tours? And are your tours in the kind of terrain that is pretty much all up and down, or do you like (and ...

September 10, 9:26pm

Re: Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
Skis will be easier. How long is this journey? and how much will you be carrying? Probably you'd be best off with a NNN-BC boot (or Salomon XA) and pretty light skis, something around 65-70mm w...

In GEAR » Which takes less energy for cross country: skis or snowshoes?
September 09, 7:43pm

Re: 14 days in SEKI, Sept 14-28. Any comments on this gear list
I would err on the warm side on everything. Weather at the end of September is extremely variable. You can fry or freeze. And I'd be prepared to deal with significant snow if it happens - and i...

In Gear Lists » 14 days in SEKI, Sept 14-28. Any comments on this gear list
September 09, 7:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.