Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Sean Passanisi (passanis) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sean Passanisi hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Sean Passanisi has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Francisco
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Sean Passanisi

Showing 191 - 200 of 266 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Re: Bearikades
Btw, I noticed the Scout isn't on the approved container list. Is that an oversight? http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/containers.htm

In GEAR » Bearikades
May 14, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Which size?
Thanks, Debbie and M G. I'm finding this purchase much more difficult than others. It seems like the Scout may be the right size for me most of the time, but for 3 oz more, you get a lot ...

In GEAR » Bearikades
May 14, 12:18pm

Which size?
Great thread. I'm also determining whether I can justify the expense of a Bearikade. For those that own two sizes (BV 450 or 500, Scout or Weekender), I would love to hear how much food you c...

In GEAR » Bearikades
May 13, 1:25pm

iHome mini speaker
http://www.ihomeaudio.com/IHM78LX/#features I heard an iHome mini speaker recently and was really impressed with the sound. I believe the unit weighs about 3 oz.

In GEAR » Backpacking mini speaker
May 13, 10:58am

Re: declination
Thanks everyone. After doing some additional searching, I found that most of the newer Silvas sold here are made in China. If I decide to go with Suunto, REI carries the Suunto MC-2. Is this t...

In GEAR » First compass
May 10, 5:02pm

First compass
Hello. I'm looking to purchase my first compass. My recent trips have been in familiar places where I haven't even taken a map. As I begin to backpack in new places, I'm planning to ...

In GEAR » First compass
May 09, 5:33pm

Re: Re: Snow Mountain Wilderness vs. Ventana Wilderness
Thanks B.G. and G.B. Yes, I would like to avoid poison oak and bushwacking. :) Would Snow Mountain have less poison oak?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow Mountain Wilderness vs. Ventana Wilderness
May 08, 10:32pm

Snow Mountain Wilderness vs. Ventana Wilderness
Hello. I'm looking for a 2 night backcountry getaway close to San Francisco for a weekend this May. I've read a little about Snow Mountain up in Mendocino and Ventana near Big Sur. I'...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Snow Mountain Wilderness vs. Ventana Wilderness
May 08, 9:52pm

Re: Re: Latest Thinking on Capilene 1 and 2 / Merino
Thanks guys. I'm looking for a piece to wear when the weather is too warm for the Cap 4 (not as a layer under the Cap 4), which I've worn to 70 degrees. The stretch cap 1 is heavier tha...

In GEAR » Latest Thinking on Capilene 1 and 2 / Merino
May 08, 9:37pm

Latest Thinking on Capilene 1 and 2 / Merino
Hello. I found some older threads discussing the differences between Capilene 1 and 2. I'm looking to purchase a lighter baselayer to compliment my Cap 4 hoody. I'm also open to merino. ...

In GEAR » Latest Thinking on Capilene 1 and 2 / Merino
May 08, 6:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Sean Passanisi

Sean Passanisi has posted no reviews.