BPL Community Profile

Adam Kilpatrick (oysters) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South Australia
About Me Into Bushwalking in remote areas in Australia. Have completed alot of walks in Southern Australia, especially in the Flinders Ranges, but also some decent trips in Victoria, Tasmania, and Central Australia.

I also spend a lot of time in the field for work (arid areas) and am an avid Scouter!

Oh yeah, and I'm into cycling and photography too.
CityAdelaide
StateSouth Australia
CountryAustralia
My Website URLhttp://worldtrike.crazyguyonabike.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Kilpatrick

Showing 191 - 200 of 529 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ...53

Forum » Thread

Re: Sold
Spewing I missed it!

In Gear Swap » FS: Large Golite Ion
February 22, 9:47pm

Re: re: Liberty Ridge Jacket - Thru-hiker
Brian-did you ever get a chance to make your Liberty Ridge with a cuben/M50/nanoseeum combo? If so can you post pictures, weights, etc? I've been thinking lately (mainly for cycling but it w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Liberty Ridge Jacket - Thru-hiker
February 20, 5:34pm

Re: Going with the Blizzard
Given the weight and size of a small firemaking kit, I think its definitely worth taking it along in the off-chance you can light a fire of some kind. Even if you can't collect that much wood, ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Trail running Emergency Bivy Kit
February 19, 8:04pm

Cuben quilt/bag
Why not a cuben shelled quilt/bag. Tim Marshall's quilts are seam sealed. He doesn't recommend from what I gather using them in rain, but I'm sure for one night in an emergency situatio...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Trail running Emergency Bivy Kit
February 18, 9:08pm

Re: Re: All-In-One Ti-Stake, Toothbrush, Spoon, Fork, ~5 Grams Each
I realise this thread is long dead, but I missed it back then and another thread on toothbrushes has mentioned it. If you are worried about face puncturing, why not make it so that the toothbrus...

In Make Your Own Gear » All-In-One Ti-Stake, Toothbrush, Spoon, Fork, ~5 Grams Each
February 16, 7:34pm

Re: Re: Sherpas
I dunno, I respect the downhill alpine guys and girls a fair bit. Some of that, like Moguls is physically brutal, they have legs of steel, its not just a case of sliding down. Climb up the mountain...

In Chaff » Sherpas and Yuppies.
February 09, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Re: use of shockcord
"There's shock-cord, and there's shock-cord. I used 100 mm long loops of 4.5 mm shock-cord on the down-wind end of my winter tunnel tent to apply the lengthwise tension. But I use loop...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
February 03, 4:04am

Re: What's your UL BOB List?
What does BOB mean?

In Gear Lists » What's your UL BOB List?
January 24, 9:42pm

...?
I'm just wondering, is it a particularly bad, deep, dark and miserable winter up in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment? There have been a few particularly narky posts in some threads lately ...

In GEAR » New Petzl Nao Headlamp
January 19, 4:40pm

The Hyperlite thread...
I have a pack question: the taping of the seams, is that done from the inside on the cuben side of the hybrid fabric? What sort of tape is it, a decent cuben tape of the like that is commonly us...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 12, 5:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Kilpatrick

Adam Kilpatrick has posted no reviews.